1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Pixel Printer Memory Leak

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by rosedragon, Jul 13, 2017.

1. rosedragon

rosedragon Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

I have a problem that I keep getting lag when using pixel printer in admin mode. I searched old topics and found no answers on those and that the cause is not admin mode but more of the numbers of items in pixel printer. This lag keeps adding up whenever I use pixel printer and at the end the game not responding as it takes 11gb of my 12gb memory.

I am on windows 7 64 bit.
    Starbound 1.3.1

Please fix. Thank you.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I can confirm that it does eat up a crap ton of memory, but I don't think it is a memory leak. I think it is because of the vast number of things it forced the game to load up. Every single thing you have scanned, then it needs to load up all their sprites. The interface wouldn't be able to cause a memory leak on its own, otherwise every menu interface would, since they all use the same system.

either way, it is a problem that should be addressed. If it is just the loading of all the objects, then having mods just compounds the problem too.