1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Placing Items in iOS (Invisible Joystick & Two Buttons)

Discussion in 'Support' started by karathrace99, Mar 9, 2019.

1. karathrace99

karathrace99 Space Hobo

Hi there, everyone!

I have been having trouble getting items to place in version 1.17 of SDV iOS. I’m playing on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1.4 using the Invisible Joystick & Two Buttons control scheme. I have button width set to ~200 and have played around with it a lot.

For some reason, even when I have the item placing guides turned on (indicating most everything around me is green), I can’t place any items with the right-most button. I’m trying this with fences. I’ve played SDV on PS4 and Switch, so I know you have to face where you want to place it, but even when I’m doing that, there is nothing I can press, seemingly anywhere on my farm, to make the fence place down. The only way I can do it is to place the control-switcher icon on my screen and switch over to one of the tap-to-move options to place the item, then click the icon again to switch back when I’m done.

What’s going on here? What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it?

Thanks,
    A big fan

EDIT: I know I am holding the fence, too, if there was any question about this.