1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planet Coordinates - Much ore?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheBluePotato, Sep 11, 2016.

1. TheBluePotato

TheBluePotato Orbital Explorer

Greetings!

I am searching for a Planet with alot of ores in Version 1.1.0. I remember the times when there where tons of big ore patches everywhere and I was just wondering if there is anything more than just the scattered around ore dots of the planets right now.

Thanks!

2. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Right now it looks like ore distribution throughout planets is pretty uniform no matter what planet you go to. Ore patches are no longer super common near the surface. To get to where ores are plentiful you have to go really far down on ANY planet nowadays.

3. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My personal favorite spots for high tier mining are under lava oceans, you can bridge to the bottom with a dirt tube and get right at mining depth without dealing with a giant layer of magmarock in the way. I think copper is harder to get on ocean type planets though due to the fact that most of that depth is absent.