1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planet Top/Bottom and Hell/Core Speculation Thread.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jenkinz, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

What do you think planets will have. A top and a bottom, that you can dig to and when you get halfway through the planet, you simply flip around ? Or do you think that it will be like terraria, where each planet will have a differently themed hell / core ?

2. Rake the Vulpix

Rake the Vulpix Big Damn Hero

If there are going to be cores, you most likely will need a suit of some kind, as I assume it would be very hot near the core of a planet.

3. Jenkinz

What about on a frozen planet (seen in screenshots of Starbound) ? I don't believe the cores there would be very hot ^_^

4. Jenkinz

They'd probably be generating a sort of frozen heat, that will freeze you instantly if you get too close, or aren't wearing a "special suit". That'd actually be awesome :p

5. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As I said in another thread, I want to be able to dig a hole straight through a planet so I could jump into it and flip around endlessly when I pass the core! :D

6. Jenkinz

Do to the gravitational pull (which allows you to "flip endlessly"), how would you ever escape ^_^ ?

7. Rake the Vulpix

Rocket Boots.

*LOL Terraria*

8. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm awesome enough to have hacked my Ivy Whip out of Terraria and brought it with me into Starbound :cool:

9. qbicfeet

qbicfeet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

An unbreakable/extremely lethal core is the most boring choice to go with, but probably the most likely solution. A fun, but improbable way of dealing with it would be to have a vortex or portal at the bottom of the map, and leaping into it would teleport you to a random place on the planet.

10. Jenkinz

[​IMG]

Chibi likes this.
  11. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

I think a "hellworld" would be boring we had that in Terraria. Maybe a magma core that you can only explore with a certain armor, like Rake said.

12. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want a planet that's not a planet. I want a thingy that's an exploded planet with landmasses floating around in space in close proximity to one another....not sure if that makes any sense.

13. Rake the Vulpix

Makes perfect sense. Some native enemies could be alien scavengers, or maybe mutated beings from the original planet caused by radiation from the explosion?

14. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Even better, since I doubt anything could survive a planet exploding how about native enemies could be like, ghosts of the planet natives caused from the radiation. A radiation ghost sounds like it would be awesome for some reason.

15. Rake the Vulpix

Hmm, the radiation could do slow overtime damage, and the ghosts could amplify that effect.

16. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes! Small Radiation damage at all times, and amplified damage when you are near the ghosts. To make it more interesting, in my opinion, you could make some ghosts that aren't hostile at all but inadvertently try to kill you by trying to go to your for help out of confusion due to their current state.

17. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hah, I feel bad. I just now noticed that I posted my planet idea in the wrong thread :rofl:

18. Jenkinz

LOL, go post it in the right one then haha xD

Here

19. Rake the Vulpix

I didn't realize it until now. Oops.

20. Zeldo

Zeldo Big Damn Hero

I agree with you. Maybe the core should also differ between the types of planets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.