1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planets (Unstable)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Baseball_Bibbins, Feb 15, 2016.

?

Would this encourage you to explore more?

1. Yes, Ill pack my stuff

100.0%
  2. No,let me sleep longer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Go away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Baseball_Bibbins

Baseball_Bibbins Void-Bound Voyager

I was just getting out of my mind so I thought I would make a poll on this idea. Why aren't planets in star systems completely random, (I.e) a fiery star system does not include the same 4 or 5 planets for everyone in existence but rather have higher chance of that planet being present in the system more than other systems so a Eccentric star normally has lush planets than a fiery star which is littered with dead and volcanic planets.

MehoyMenoy likes this.
  2. MehoyMenoy

MehoyMenoy Intergalactic Tourist

I agree, going and looking for resources on the same THREE planets, im bored as hell VALVE plz fix or i leave

+1 to brotha fo speakin tha truth

3. LittleWasp

LittleWasp Big Damn Hero

That has to do with Chucklefish's progression system. Once it's fully implemented, the end-game areas will contain star systems with a much greater variety of planets, if not all kinds.
    For the moment, there are a ton of mods which already implement the same thing.

Baseball_Bibbins likes this.
  4. Baseball_Bibbins

Baseball_Bibbins Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow I had no idea, thanks for the feedback ill be sure to check out the mods and further updates for starbound :)

5. Littleman88

Littleman88 Big Damn Hero

I would also appreciate it if frozen worlds weren't getting up close and cozy with a fiery star while in that same star system the molten and cooked worlds are on the fringes of the gravity well. Not a big thing, just... immersive.

Can't wait for all world types to be equally dangerous and rich in resources. Rather not have to fiddle with mods if I don't have to.

jakecool19 likes this.