Planning on making my own mod

Discussion in 'Modding Discussion' started by Kawada, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kawada

Kawada Lucky Number 13

After buying Halfway during the recent Steam Sale i was expecting to see quite a lot of other people's creations so was quite surprised when i saw only the one in the workshop. Was always planning on creating my own level (and hopefully campaign) but definitely inspired to try and give back to the community and let people play some of my creations. Spending the next few days learning everything, watching the videos, reading the wiki's etc then will get to work on it. Hopefully you will all enjoy it when i am done :) If there's anyone out there too willing to help me with any questions i may have i'd appreciate that too

Thanks everyone

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

Hey Kawada and welcome to the forum.

We are very much looking forward to your creations and please let us know if you hit any road block. We are happy to help and/or fix something if its broken.

Also save often and I recommend making backups here and then just to be sure. ;)

Have fun making stuff.

• Kawada

Kawada Lucky Number 13

Hi thanks for the welcome :) Yea i learned the backup lesson the hard way when my RPG Maker project got corrupted lol Will definitely be saving often. Been enjoying using the tools so far, just following the tutorial at the moment and getting the basics down and then will branch off into making my own little levels.

• Seminus

That sounds like a great way to start of. Btw if you have the feeling something essential is not clear or we missed something in the documentation please let me know and I will have a look.

Dunto likes this.
          • Kawada

Kawada Lucky Number 13

Sure thing.

• Kawada

Kawada Lucky Number 13

Well my first venture into modding didn't go too well lol Spent a few hours making the map and placing objects on it then when i went to save it i accidentally hit playtest and then the editor crashed and after that i couldn't get the editor to load without it crashing so ended up having to delete my map. Ah well, will try again today, at least i know where everything goes and what i selected so it should take far less time.

• Kawada

Kawada Lucky Number 13

[​IMG]

Here's my first (well second heh) map. It's about a quarter of the way done, i've still got the lighting to do and other things plus also work out some collision issues and add/edit some stuff to it (just threw some stuff into the second room to make it somewhat lively) The very small basis of a story to it is the team will be asleep, hear a noise from the other room and then go to investigate.

• Seminus

Awesome Kawada. Looks like a great start :)
                  Looking forward to test it out!

Dunto likes this.