REQUEST "Play as Abigail"

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Blooper8484, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

Hi, so i really don't know how to edit sprites and i was hoping someone would help me with this.
    I really wanted to play as abigail, and there's already a mod to have her hair but i also want her clothes and height (if possible)
    Anyways if someone can do it i would be really grateful, sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance (if anyone is even reading this -.-)

farmvillesux likes this.
    • erind616

erind616 Void-Bound Voyager

I've never done a farmer mod but I'm going to do my best to try to make you Abigail. It may take some time, so I wanted to let you know ahead of time that someone is at least attempting it for you. You are aware that there will still be an Abigail in town unless you edit her too, right?

• Blooper8484

It really means a lot that you're going to try!!! I hope you can do it, but i want to tell you that if you can't make her body into the farmer (because it's smaller), at least you should try to mod the shirts and pants to be the same as Abigail (I mention it because i read that someone else tried to make farmer smaller and failed)
        P.S. I know there will still be an Abigail in town, but i don't care, there may be mods that change her into someone else an besides there are hair color mods for her, that would be enough for me.
        Thanks Again!!

farmvillesux likes this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Cant use her body, the farmer rendering just isnt designed for different body heights then the default.

• Blooper8484

farmvillesux likes this.
          • Blooper8484

Any progress?

farmvillesux likes this.
            • erind616

It's coming along slowly. I'm in the middle of finals week so I probably won't be able to make much more progress until next week. On the plus side, I've got her skin tone, her hair, and I'm working out the kinks with her clothes (her shirt is longer than that of the traditional farmer's and it's sleeveless so it's giving me some issues). So far, you can essentially play like this:
              [​IMG]

• Blooper8484

Hey, it's looking really good! The only thing i think you should add is the thing that goes down to her pants (I don't know how to explain, just look at it if you want to know). By the way, don't worry about the sleeves, i 'm okay with how it looks.
                Oh and please take your time, i don't want to rush you, especially when you're in the middle of finals week.
                (By the way, it would be nice if you sent me the wip)

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Absolutely untested, but it should get you there. (Abi's eyes are included too. They replace those thick goggle glasses.) Feel free to steal from it, Erin.

If it doesn't work quite right then you can crack it open and edit it yourself.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7NLvJ6iIu6kh1oRGKE-Uw25Aak0xs2S5_MA9to/edit

That's a decent guide, but the forum is full of alternatives.

As for her adding the pants thing, that gets a little complicated. I did my best to take a crack at that, but I have no idea what the results will be.

Attached Files:

farmvillesux likes this.
                  • erind616

That's so smart to make her eyes an accessory!! I almost did that with her bow, but I ended up just using the other mod for NPC hairstyles instead (since it has the bow and color included). I was testing out the pants when I last worked on it. As for the guide, it has nothing about editing sprites, let alone the farmer (believe me, I already checked lol) so I'm more or less trying to figure it out on my own. I've done NPC sprites before but sadly editing the farmer is more complicated than that.

That's more difficult than it would seem and can lead to weird results. It's what I've been working on and what I'll continue to work on for you once I've got my finals out of the way.

farmvillesux likes this.
                    • erind616

I just play tested it a little and the eyes glitch a little on the side view (they just need to be moved like 2 pixels over) and when you run/walk forward or backward the skirt thing glitches. But it looks way better than my tests did so nice job! I'm probably going to completely steal it to try and get closer to full Abigail clone-age lol.
                      For your own reference without having to play test it yourself, the sprite looks like this in game:
                      [​IMG]

• Blooper8484

Hahahaah, i know i just tried it, ups. By the way, did you look at the "eyes" accesory you made when looking right or left? It looks kinda weird and the thing that goes down to her pants looks different than the original one in the original sprite

EDIT: i just noticed that you mentioned the eye thing (sorry i read it quickly, stupid me)

• sheetcakeghost

I lined up the eyes with the glasses so that's probably why I got the alignment wrong, ha ha. And yeah, there's not a whole lot I can do about it looking different from the original sprite. I was trying to just eyeball the whole thing, and while there is some mild frame of reference for what the sprite is doing, it's difficult to know which sprites move in what ways. (Like which ones are jumping up vs which ones are bending down, etc.)

farmer_girl_base.png
                          That there is the edit of the female farmer base I did. So you can see why it might get wonky depending on what your farmer is doing. Of course, me neglecting to add a back to the edits is just an oversight. I rushed this out a bit.

UPDATE: Rune's Mini Skirt mod and Alex's Female Skirts mods could help a bit in determining how things should flow.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
                          • Blooper8484

I see... I just mentioned beacuse i thought it wasn't too hard, it's okay, either i accept it as it is or, if you have time, you can try to experiment with it, just don't get too worked out

• sheetcakeghost

Well it would be cool to be able to dress the farmer up in something that isn't just pants or a skirt. A mod like this could get adapted to a trenchcoat or something else. Which I'd find to be a refreshing change.

• Blooper8484

Yeah, i agree, but i guess it must be too difficult to make, i mean, i haven't seen a mod that does that.
                                By the way, did you say you fixed the eyes? Could i have them?

• sheetcakeghost

I haven't' fixed them. I was just explaining why the alignment was off.

• Blooper8484

Oh sorry i misunderstood

• Blooper8484

I just noticed you edited one of your posts saying that: "Rune's Mini Skirt mod and Alex's Female Skirts mods could help a bit in determining how things should flow"
                                      Does that mean you'll be able to determine where's the back of the farmer?
                                      Please forgive me if i'm too annoying about this

• sheetcakeghost

You can determine that from the sprite sheet itself. The bottoms line up with the tops. I just neglected to notice that on my first edit is all. I more meant that you can use those mods to determine how the vest is supposed to move around while doing certain activities.

Also, I doubt I'll be editing to fix anything any time soon. I'm leaving this all in Erin's hands.