1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Players cannot connect to private server anymore

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by mimblgrimpf, May 16, 2018.

1. mimblgrimpf

mimblgrimpf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[SOLVED]

Hi!

I'm running a modded private server (using PenGUIn). Everything was working fine this whole time. Friends could connect to the server using the IP displayed in PenGUIn.

Today I upgraded my PC with a new Motherboard, CPU and RAM. It was able to boot the system drive immediately, so I didn't do a fresh installation.

Now nobody can join anymore.
    Join Failed! Error connecting to '...:21025'
    (NetworkException) cannot connect to ...:21025: E

I can still join myself via local IP. Port is open for both TCP and UDP, firewall too.
    The only thing that changed and that can be causing this (in my opinion) are the network drivers of the new motherboard. But I have no clue how the heck. Does somebody happen to know what's going on?

Thanks for the help.

Update: Due to new network drivers, my IPv4 adress changed. I forgot to adjust the IP adress for which the port is forwarded. Now it correct and connecting works again.

Last edited: May 17, 2018