1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

PlayOnLinux advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by MysteryPig, Feb 1, 2019.

1. MysteryPig

MysteryPig Space Hobo

Not a current problem, but since I had so much trouble setting this up I thought I'd share the solution we found.

Step 1: Enable Steam Beta
    In your library, go to Steam > Settings. On the first page of settings, there should be a dropdown labeled 'Beta Programs' or something like that. Set it to the beta option, and restart Steam when prompted.

Step 2: Force Wargroove to use Proton
    In your library, right-click on Wargroove. Select Properties. The bottommost option on the first page has a dropdown with versions of Proton. Select the most recent one and tick the checkbox above to make Wargroove use Proton by default. If you already installed Wargroove before doing this, you'll have to update it before you can play as it needs to download the game's executable.

Step 3: Launch Options
    In Wargroove's Properties, click "Set Launch Options". In the text box, input "--skip-intro". This will skip a video which plays when you open the game, if I am not mistaken, and this video will cause Wargroove to throw an error about a stream, so we skip it.

Now, Wargroove should run on Linux, albeit with input lag. I managed to get fullscreen working in FVWM although others could not.

Thanks to Towel#6402

Captain Rage likes this.
    • Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks a bunch! I had difficulties enabling Proton but your guide got it working.... and it's running fairly well considering that the system specifications are below the minimum ones, on top of that. Cheers!