Race Please fix the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ev1l0rd, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd Phantasmal Quasar

So the Novakid are one of my favorite races. When I saw them I couldn't wait until they could be added. However I have two major complaints about the race:

• Their Racial Descriptions are near nonexistent - Every race has their own way of reacting towards an item. Example: The Anomalous Display, the Death Star item. If you examine it with each race, they all give their own comments on it. What does the Novakid say? The items description. Sure there are exceptions. But these are only for the new items. When Chucklefish added in this race they could at least have given them racial item descriptions.
    • No Respawn animation - At least not an original one anyway. They are just cloned from the humans. This is in my opinion exceptionally bad because Bietol (the creator of the Novakid) had made a respawn animation for them.

The suggestion that I'm trying to make should be clear: Add Racial Descriptions and add a respawn animation. That's all.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Its on their to do list.

3. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

They also sound like Hylotl when attacking and taking damage. I do not find it that annoying, and I know they're working on it.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

What? No they don't...

Hylotl make a sorta gargle sound where as the glitch make a beeping sound.

5. TrevorH7441

TrevorH7441 Big Damn Hero

Just give it time. There is a reason why they haven't pushed the game out of beta. The game is getting better with each update, and improvements can be seen as they go along.

6. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd Phantasmal Quasar

That doesn't excuse their respawn animation though. The person who made the Novakid has created a respawn animation. Just ask him to do it. He probably knows it better than the team itself.

7. TrevorH7441

TrevorH7441 Big Damn Hero

They probably want to do their own respawn animation. They don't have to follow every detail of a suggestion.

lazarus78 likes this.
  8. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's the same sound my (male) Novakid character makes.
    Are you saying that your Novakid beeps when hurt? If so, then maybe it's random from account to account because every one of my male Novakid characters have made gargle noises.

9. MacieD8810

MacieD8810 Void-Bound Voyager

They should also add Novakid NPCs.

10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Impossible. I just looked at the assets and compared all of the Hylotl sound effects to the two Novakid sound effects. They were not the same. Still prefer Bietol's sfx over vanilla (can be found in the Novaskin mod) but they are different from Hylotl sfx.

11. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope that when they get around to it they really drive home the severe ADHD the race supposedly has. It could have the potential to be as funny if not funnier than the Floran's simple-minded descriptions.