1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Please Help!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Pandacatgamer, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Pandacatgamer

Pandacatgamer Master Chief

My cousin and I have started to play Starbound multiplayer recently. For some reason, sometimes he gets kicked out of the game and receives a "Fatal Error", consisting of some very long code he cannot copy and paste to me. When he eventually opens Starbound again after uninstalling steam and Starbound then downloading them again, It shows he has no characters and he loses all of his items and has to create a new character. I really don't like this bug and want to just play happily with my cousin without bugs or glitches. Please help me solve this for him.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Uninstalling Starbound also removes all saves. This is normal behaviour.

As for the error, provide the starbound.log of your cousin. Otherwise it's impossible to tell whats being the problem here.

3. Pandacatgamer

How do I find the log and what do I need to show you from it?

4. Iris Blanche

The log is located in the storage folder of the starbound install. The file might appear as only "starbound". I need the whole file in order to see whats going on.

edit:
    You can attach the file via the "Upload a File"-button.

5. Pandacatgamer

How do i give access to my cousin to this form? its restricted for him

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Pandacatgamer I've removed your latest post as it is just the same as your previous. Please note that double posting isn't allowed, especially if it's the same post. If you can get the file from your cousin then you can just upload it yourself. It doesn't matter who uploads it.

7. Pandacatgamer

Sorry the button to post the thread was not working so I clicked it twice and it doubled my message. I can't receive the file since it is too large or not the right format for email. What do you recommend he sends it to me on?

8. Iris Blanche

Uploading it to pastebin and sharing the link here would work too.