Please reconsider removing alloys from the game

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by E253MechaShadow, Feb 18, 2016.

1. E253MechaShadow

E253MechaShadow Phantasmal Quasar

As I've seen in the changelog for Cheerful Giraffe, you guys decided to replace Steel with Tungsten and give Durasteel its own ore. Personally, I dislike this change a lot and demand it be reconsidered.
    Firstly, why replace Steel with Tungsten anyway? Tungsten is twice as dense, and its melting temperature is about three times higher. It's not like it belongs to the tier right after Iron. Besides, in reality tungsten is much, MUCH rarer than iron.
    Secondly, I can't cope with the fact that currently Steel is crafted from Iron and Copper. There seem to be no such alloy, and even if there were, it'd be no stronger than Iron. Steel is actually an alloy of Iron and Carbon, so the older recipes which involved Coal or Oil made a lot more sense.
    Thirdly, since Steel is an alloy, Durasteel should also be an alloy. Not too sure about the recipe, though. Maybe using Uranium might still be a good idea. As good as using Solarium for crafting last-tier alloys (come on, it's a soft metal, as soft as a fingernail!)
    I just thought that since Starbound is a sci-fi game, it should more or less correspond to the facts of the present reality.

2. Rannuncullus

Rannuncullus Void-Bound Voyager

i really like, of the idea

3. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

I DONT KNOW? maybe you should ask the same person that decided to make gold alloys as an end-tier armour/weapon

4. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Making demands is going out of line >_>

Azidoazide Azide likes this.