Modding Help Police Station

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the topic of racial diversity, I really do like this idea. It seems that a lot of people have different opinions on which would be best. I myself being from the west coast am surprised by the lack of pan-asian inclusion. Regardless of what is chosen, it is all good.

What might be an idea (for some reason I feel this is especially fitting for emergency services), is if the sprites and portraits had options. Maybe some community artists would create regional options to reflect the diversity of the player. A west coast option with a Chinese female police officer or a great plains edition with a first nations fire fighter.

I look forward to the mod in any form it takes.

• StephanoonahpetS

StephanoonahpetS Void-Bound Voyager

If no one else is currently doing pixel art for these potential new modded characters, then I would like to help. Although I don't have much experience, I am still interested in the idea. If you (Hope) would like me to help, I will happily accept. I have already worked on some (pretty basic) character portraits for Bradley that I have sort of based off of Kent. bradley2.jpg

HopeWasHere likes this.
      • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

So far no one is doing them, so you're help is appreciated, I'm loving his hair :) Right now the project is kinda on hold as it's being incorporated into the stardew valley expansion mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-valley-expansion.125743/
        But I would like to keep the project alive. The new modding tool, FarmHand, is supposed to make adding characters to the game a lot easier. So once that's out I think the project will be back in full swing

• StephanoonahpetS

Okay. Thanks!

• StephanoonahpetS

Officer Johnson is here! Shanice.png If you have anything you would like me to change, I will. P.S. I made some sprites for a possible phone call. One of them has Shanice gasping, and I'm not sure if it fits in...o_O

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
              HopeWasHere likes this.
            • StephanoonahpetS

Is it bad that I have made 3 characters in the span of two days? And are portraits of Ash (A DOG) REALLY going to be useful? I don't know, but here it is. Ash.png P.S In the 2nd photo Ash has his teeth clenched; it's hard to see.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
                HopeWasHere likes this.
              • StephanoonahpetS

• Yuka Code

Yuka Code Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you get Sprite and Portrait NPC your mod ?

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey Yuka Code,

I have been slowing working on fleshing out this mod over the years. Hopefully I'll be able to publish it sometime soon, but there are sprites and portraits made for it

• Nathanjj09

Nathanjj09 Space Hobo

Hi, not sure if anyone's asked, but can you put the police station in that fenced area with the tree and bushes? I don't want it to conflict with stardew valley expanded. Plus, it's a good spot (in my opinion).

upload_2021-1-23_12-26-13.png

• StephanoonahpetS

about 4 hours ago today, I randomly remembered that I made sprites for this. it took an incredible amount of digging but I finally found it. thanks to all the people who were so kind and helpful back when i was starting my love of SV. but, looking back, I was like 15 at the time and an amateur artist, and this aint exactly my proudest work. a lot has changed since then, found out I'm gay, made some hobbies, had some mental breakdowns, and I've become a radically different person. looking at my profile, rife with illuminati jokes makes me cringe, but it also reminds me of the better parts of my youth. thanks for the nice memories. hope you all have a wonderful day!

yooshishy likes this.