Poll: Cave Choices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BudGood, Jun 4, 2016.

?

Which do you choose?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2016.
  1. Mushrooms

71.4%
  2. Fruit Bats

28.6%
  1. BudGood

BudGood Seal Broken

Thanks for voting!

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

lmao, well on my main save I chose bats but on my new save I chose mushrooms. So... both?

They each have their pros/cons. With bats, you can get some tree fruit and fill out the community center requirements pretty early, BUT they often drop really cheap and forageable fruit that becomes pretty useless in the long run.

Mushrooms are pretty cheap and don't have many specific uses once you get the CC bundles (save for crafting a few things) but they produce and you're absolutely guaranteed mushrooms every few days, which may be pretty nice in the long run.

BudGood and Gabaw like this.
      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

While bats are fuzzy and cute, purple mushrooms are worth their weight in gold, either on their own or as part of crafting life potions. With the Mushroom Cave you have a ready-made Life Potion factory right on your very own farm, no deep-cave-diving needed. It produces all four of the mushroom types required for crafting the potion, and turns out a fresh crop about every 48 hours.

BudGood, Aurrelia and Gabaw like this.
        • bozirra

bozirra Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, bats have been a crushing disappointment since I chose them in this play through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BudGood, Gabaw and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.
          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I was really disappointed at how infrequently the fruit bats dropped fruit. It's possible I had very lazy bats, but I like the mushrooms better because they are guaranteed every few days and you can usually get a variety.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Plus, fruit trees. Once you get the money factory going, they're not expensive, at all. But mushrooms are sometimes harder to come by, at least certain types.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Depends on whether you want the legit route with alcohol or go underground (literally) with that s**t and dry up some 'shrooms for the streets.

lilly_ampleton, BudGood and Borodin like this.
                • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Hops. Grows swiftly, keeps producing, turns around ale quickly. You can become the next Budweiser before Gus belches from his current spaghetti dinner. So be one with the muck, and grow some life potions.

Also, mushrooms are great in real life. This is an unpaid political endorsement.

• Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

While I like bats in general, they've been really disappointing. Wish I could pay Robin to install the shroom growing area or something.

Gabaw, BudGood and bozirra like this.
                    • BudGood

BudGood Seal Broken

Really loving the absence of toxicity in this community. I went for the shrooms solely for the potions, seem to spawn 80% common tho.

• Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

I'm guessing the lack of toxicity stems from the lack of competitive play. The only competition is that which you impose on yourself. And I love this game for it.

lilly_ampleton, Gabaw and BudGood like this.
                        • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

u dissin my shrooms m8 wut u on about 80% common is ur mum ill fookin get ya m8

Balance restored :p

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i think it's mostly because we're mega stardew nerds and don't have time to be hatin' on how people play the game really
                            (and also because we're the coolest)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Even the common 'shrooms are a delicious snack. (Share them with Leah. She digs them.)

Gabaw and BudGood like this.
                              • BudGood

BudGood Seal Broken

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I wanted to get a relationship started with Leah.

lilly_ampleton likes this.
                                • unitxeroone

unitxeroone Void-Bound Voyager

The drop rate for fruits are low compare to mushrooms that are every two days. I chose mushrooms because of the high health regen when eaten.

BudGood likes this.
                                  • Avdima

Avdima Starship Captain

Shrooms, so I can make healing potions. That's the only reason, I didn't bothered with prices, just wanted a guaranteed source of mats for potions.

BudGood likes this.
                                    • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I chose Mushrooms!

BudGood likes this.
                                      • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

1st and 3rd chose fruit and honestly...the 3rd file gets less than the 1st somehow and it's utterly sad. Like I'm lucky to get 1 piece in a week most of the time.
                                        IDK why it's so unbalanced, it's not like fruit is worth a whole lot so I'm not sure why it's such a rare drop. Plus you can't grow mushrooms. ((I just liked the idea of the bats having a place to live tbh.))

Borodin and Gabaw like this.
                                        • Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I choose bats but they did help with my CC bundles because I didn't plan well and grow trees lol

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.