Traditional Poptart's art dump

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by EvilPoptart81, Mar 29, 2016.

1. EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

So, hi first of all. I didn't think anyone else would want to see it, so I came here. I'm trying to get back into drawing after a several month long art block, and I couldn't think of a better way to try and break said art block, than with a sketch of my fave villager, Abigail. I'm still working on a lot of things that can be fixed at the moment, pardon the shoddy anatomy ^^;

Making a quick edit here, I hated the previous sketch so much that I completely scrapped it and started over, now I think I'm a bit happier with how this newer version looks and will be working on this new one until it's complete.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Looking good! A little clean up and it would be really nice! Awesome pick on Abigail too. I can't decide between her and Leah in my game or in my story @_@

• EvilPoptart81

Thank you!! I'm working on her right now actually! I've got Abby for one game save and Leah for the second ^^;;

Satashi26 likes this.
        • Satashi26

Great! Can't wait to see!

• EvilPoptart81

Minor update, going to be working on the revised sketch either tonight or tomorrow. I deleted the previous sketch for anyone looking for it and replaced it with the newer one in my top post. :ssssssssss:

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Love the way you drew abby awesome work .

• EvilPoptart81

Thank you very much! :3

• Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Just wanted to add my voice to the "This looks great" choir. One of my favorite pictures of Abigail I've seen yet (and I don't even like Abigail, so that's saying something).

• EvilPoptart81

^_^ I'm glad you like it, even if she's not your fave. Thank you, I feel a lot better about posting my sketch, knowing people actually like it! :kawaii:

• EvilPoptart81

After spending a good chunk of the early afternoon working on this, I think I can say it's done. I may still work on it a little more later down the road. I'm still trying to get back into digital stuff, so it's not the best around, but I'm happy with how Abigail turned out.

Attached Files:

• Satashi26

She's looking really pretty colored in!!

• EvilPoptart81

I'm still on the fence about how she turned out ^^; I don't think I made her cute enough! For a true first try I think I'll get better with practice! But thank you! I'm glad you like her! : 3

• Satashi26

Keep trying for sure! I'm sure a lot of us would like to see more :)

• EvilPoptart81

It will really help with getting out of this stinkin' art block that's for sure! Can't think of a better way to do that than drawing more Abby ^_^

Satashi26 likes this.
                              • EvilPoptart81

So this thing I started up here just might end up being a sketch dump/art thing. I don't think anyone else will really care to see my work but the folks here so yeah. Anyway, my hand slipped and I started working on Leah, there's a ton of changes I'm going to make before I even start doing some line art.

Attached Files:

• Satashi26

Leah love! I like her shirt, showing off her tummy like that! I think she's a bit top-heavy though. A little too broad in the shoulders and maybe breasts are a tad too big. Not like really cup size but width wise. Also her shirt looks a little loose so it would be "hanging" more. But I'm really excited to see more Leah, as she's tied with Abby on my love list :D Looking forward to seeing this fully realized!

• EvilPoptart81

Hah! you're right though about her being a bit top heavy! I didn't even think about it until afterwards. I figure, she's probably fairly small all around, And now that you mention it, yeah she does seem a odd in her shoulders as well. ^^; I'm so used to drawing bustier characters, that it shifts over to those who aren't LOL And yeah Leah's tied with Abby for me too :3 I'll keep your hints in mind when I go to fix a few things <3

• Satashi26

*nod nod* Leah is an adorable little thing in my mind. She lives off foraged berries and salad with wine :rofl:

Pudassassin and Lanx12 like this.
                                      • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Todays wine brough to you by Swedican Wines...From the lush moutains to your salad table Remeber Swedican wines :p This wine has been approved by my Waifu Leah X3 And hopefully the SDV Writers guild :p Really love the Leah sketch now that I look at it some more ^^

Pudassassin likes this.
                                        • EvilPoptart81

She really is though! A sweet little ray of sunshine! Also I'm in the process now of making those corrections. She's not as top heavy anymore : D Girl looked like she was going to topple over. LOL

Pudassassin, Satashi26 and Lanx12 like this.