Populated Planets

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Ner, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Ner

Ner Subatomic Cosmonaut

What do you all think about having planets that already has a thriving civilization on it? They could be more or less technologically advanced than you and they could be either friendly or hostile.

Examples:
    If they are friendly and more advanced:
    - They could be willing to share their tech with you for money/favors.
    - Or sending one of your NPCs to live on that planet could possibly speed up development in certain fields. (Better weapons and items)

If they are hostile and more advanced:
    - They could try to kill you the moment you land.
    - You could try to conquer them and take their stuff.

nomotog and Herowho like this.
  2. Dizzard

Dizzard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I support this idea, I actually have a very similar idea in a suggestion thread I made....but nobody replied. :/

Maybe alien races could have different personalities that determine how they approach you. (whether they're peaceful, agressive, neutral, arrogant, oppurtunistic etc)

I'd like to be able to set up trade with them and form alliances with them (or become enemies) You should have to introduce yourself formally before you can land on their planet, or else they'll be suspicious at best and outright hostile at worst.

3. Ner

Ner Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmm, interesting idea. Not just Hostile or Friendly but a variety of personality types. That also opens interesting dialogue possibilities. Heh heh, a cowardly personality type:
    "Oh my various space gods! We're being invaded! Give them everything they want!"

4. Mello789

Mello789 Space Spelunker

I like the idea, as well. Not only should planets already be civilized, but maybe you could help them civilize other planets, in exchange of them doing something helpful for you.

5. Ner

Ner Subatomic Cosmonaut

You could be peaceful negotiator and benevolent ruler or you could go on a rampage across the universe.

6. ZeroHunter

ZeroHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Zero: Why not both? Im not gonna be peaceful always, plus taking on sentient species its a good challenge.

Me: Well... I got no argument here.

7. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

Like this suggestion. I approve. I was actually thinking about this before the forums were up.

8. Zeldo

Zeldo Big Damn Hero

It would be really cool if there were many different types of civilizations. Technology from the past, the present, or future technology. This could add many more possibilities for items and weapons. From clubs to laser swords, and everything in between.

9. TheMarineKing

TheMarineKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

Definitely Supporting this suggestion! Also, There should be different Factions of the same race in different planets. (i.e - Diplomatic and peaceful humans in one planet and an Aggressive and Evil humans on the other.)

10. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

I thought this was already planed/in the game

So yes I support it