RELEASED Portrait-Accurate Alex Sprite Mod!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sallychan, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sallychan

sallychan Space Penguin Leader

Alex's sprite always bugged me a bit because he talks so often about tanning and being tan, and his portrait has a much darker complexion in comparison. His hair is also really combed and neat looking in his sprite, unlike his spiky haired portrait. So I edited his sprite sheet to match his portrait better, with a tan, spiky gelled hair, and (as a bonus) those rippling muscles! <3

[​IMG]
    Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?gczwxbbn35fd6na

Installation instructions:

1) Download file ( Alex.XNB )
    2) Open: ( Your PC ) > Steam > steamapps > common > Stardew Valley > Content > Characters
    3) Replace existing "Alex" XNB file with the downloaded file. ( I'd recommend copying the original to a separate folder, should you need it again )
    4) Done! <3

Let me know if there's any issues with the mod or download link, this is my first time uploading one and I want to make sure everything works right! :D

• Chrysanthe

Chrysanthe Starship Captain

He looks much improved! Great job :up:

sallychan likes this.
      • sallychan

sallychan Space Penguin Leader

Thank so much! :3

• nona.12

nona.12 Space Hobo

Hey! I have problems adding the spirtes to the game, when I replace them with the old ones the games doesn`t start :nurusad: Can someone link to the already unzipped .xnb files? ;/ I already replaced the bachelor portraits, and the game started like normal :/ Love them by the way!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
            weresehlat likes this.
          • weresehlat

weresehlat Big Damn Hero

I second what nona.12 said, every time I try to start the game with the mod installed the game crashes

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

That's weird. Where did you install the file? You replaced the Alex.xnb file in the Characters folder, correct?

• photaiplz

photaiplz Space Hobo

There's a glitch with the mod. When alex goes to sleep he becomes a brown box.

• Lana Lena

Lana Lena Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there is a mod called diverse stardew valley it adds different versions of the characters I would love if you could make a variant for that mod or can I try to make one and credit or have it need your mod possibly.

• basilplot

basilplot Space Hobo

My game wont start either, there's a chance i didnt follow the instructions correctly since i am new to modding but i understood eveything, and i believe i copied the download correctly but if i messed up anywhere in the process id bet it would be there, since i found the character folder and alex file super easily