Portrait mods not updating?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by invaderpayne, Nov 8, 2017.

1. invaderpayne

invaderpayne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright so I am just frustrated at the moment. I've been messing with this for about 2 days and it's just not working.

So a few months ago I added in some new portrait mods. No problems then, everything was working fine. I pick the game back up the other day and decide to go looking for some new portrait mods. I find the ones I want to use (the brown jacket shane and the carpenter family portrait overhaul is what I'm having trouble with). All my other portrait mods are fine. I even got the sprite change for Shane to work. However, Shane's portrait and Seb's portraits just won't update. Maru? Updated. From the same pack. I unzipped and re-did the portraits several times, but those 2 portraits just won't update. I don't know why, I can't understand it.

Here's the weirdest thing though. I launch the actual game (not the one we use for mods), and behold...the portraits updated! Both Seb's and Shane's were there. So I close out and reopen the mod file...nope. Just the normal portraits, not the one's I want.

Can anyone explain this? I'm honestly going crazy not understanding what is going on. Why's it updating in the actual game, but won't in the modded one?