Modding Discussion PPJA Needs Your Ideas!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by paradigmnomad, Jun 20, 2018.

1. paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Project Populate JsonAssets needs your ideas! I'll let you in on a secret, Gift Taste support is coming to JsonAssets in a future (soon) release.

What does that mean for you?
    We need ideas for all 400+ objects about who should love/like/dislike/hate which items!

THE MASTERLIST OF EVERYTHING
    Edit: If it doesn't have an image that means it isn't implemented

Take a gander, if you see something that somebody would absolutely love just leave a comment with the item name & how villagers should feel about it.

Thank you everyone!
    Edit 6/21: Fruits & Veggies & More Trees are completed! Thanks to @RabidMuffins :)
    Edit 7/9: More Recipes, Even More Recipes, & Fresh Meat are completed!
    In Progress: Artisan Valley

Do you want to help out with a bit of coding?

Below is the section for 'GiftTastes'.

Example:

"GiftTastes":
    {
    "Love": ["Pam", "Shane"],
    "Like": ["Gus"],
    "Neutral": ["Marnie", "Clint", "George", "Sebastian", "Abigail", "Alex", "Caroline", "Demetrius", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Haley", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Kent", "Krobus", "Leah", "Lewis", "Linus", "Maru", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sam", "Sandy", "Willy", "Wizard"],
    "Dislike": ["Penny"],
    "Hate": ["Vincent", "Jas"]
    }

Template. If nobody loves/likes/etc. an item you can remove that line.

"GiftTastes":
    {
    "Love": [],
    "Like": [],
    "Neutral": [],
    "Dislike": [],
    "Hate": []
    },

You can either post these in a spoiler here or DM me.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
      Shellark and HopeWasHere like this.
    • ShadySha

ShadySha Void-Bound Voyager

I wouldn't mind helping out with this - do you need to specifically put the item name in GiftTastes? Or is this code section added to the items?

I was actually working on a crops mod - kind of witch-y themed ie teas (herbal, floral, and tea-tea), more flowers, more herbs, different kinds of fruit and veggies (Like Pineberries aka white strawberries and black radishes and tomatoes, maybe blood oranges). Is there like a template or tutorial around for making a Json asset pack.

• ShadySha

Rose Tea
        "GiftTastes":
        {
        "Love": ["Pam", "Shane"],
        "Like": ["Gus"],
        "Neutral": ["Marnie", "Clint", "George", "Sebastian", "Abigial", "Alex", "Caroline", "Demetrius", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Haley", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Kent", "Krobus", "Leah", "Lewis", "Linus", "Maru", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sam", "Sandy", "Willy", "Wizard"],
        "Dislike": ["Penny"],
        "Hate": ["Vincent", "Jas"]
        }

"GiftTastes":
        {
        "Love": ["Penny", "Krobus", "Wizard", "Linus", "Emily"],
        "Like": ["Marnie", "Jodi", "Leah", "Sandy", "Sam", "Evelyn"],
        "Neutral": ["Sebastian", "Abigail", "Caroline", "Maru", "Demetrius"],
        "Dislike": ["Haley", "Pam", "Dwarf", "George", "Alex", "Harvey"],
        "Hate": ["Vincent", "Jas", "Shane", "Willy", "Lewis", "Pierre", "Clint"]
        }

• paradigmnomad

How you sent them is perfect! It gets added to the code for the item. I see the first one is for Rose Tea but what did you have in mind for the second one?
          In regards to a template or tutorial, I created the documentation for JsonAssets and there is a blank template on Nexus. I also recommend looking at pre-existing packs for complete examples as well.

• ShadySha

I'm probably gonna work through the non-alcoholic drinks first before working on the other drinks. Just had to take my cat to the vet today.

paradigmnomad likes this.
            • paradigmnomad

Aw :( Poor baby! Give them scritches for me and tell them they are a good kitty!

• ShadySha

White Tea

"GiftTastes":
                {
                "Love": ["Abigial", "Caroline", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Leah", "Wizard"],
                "Like": ["Penny", "Sebastian", "Elliott", "Haley", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Sandy"],
                "Neutral": ["Gus", "Marnie", "Emily", "Lewis", "Linus", "Maru", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sam"],
                "Dislike": ["Clint", "George", "Alex", "Kent", "Krobus"],
                "Hate": ["Vincent", "Jas", "Pam", "Shane", "Dwarf", "Willy"]
                }

Vernal Tea

"GiftTastes":
                {
                "Love": ["Abigial", "Caroline", "Evelyn", "Leah", "Krobus",],
                "Like": ["Penny", "Haley", "Jodi", "Dwarf", "Alex",],
                "Neutral": [ "Marnie", "George", "Emily", "Lewis", "Linus", "Maru", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sam", "Demetrius", "Sebastian", "Elliott",],
                "Dislike": ["Clint", "Kent", "Gus", "Harvey", "Sandy"],
                "Hate": ["Vincent", "Jas", "Pam", "Shane", "Willy", "Wizard"]
                }

Sun Tea

{
                "Love": ["Abigial", "Caroline", "Vincent", "Jas", "Sandy", "Penny",],
                "Like": [ "Jodi", "Alex", "Shane", "Evelyn", "Lewis", "Linus",],
                "Neutral": [ "Marnie", "Emily", "Maru", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sam", "Demetrius", "Sebastian", "Elliott", "Leah",],
                "Dislike": ["Clint", "George", "Kent", "Gus", "Harvey", "Haley", "Dwarf"],
                "Hate": ["Pam", "Willy", "Wizard", "Krobus", ]
                }

I'll some more after i finish dinner.

• ShadySha

It was her follow up. Nasty ear infection and what not. Wanted to make sure the medicine was working since she's 17.

Strawberry Milk

"GiftTastes":
                  {
                  "Love": ["Maru", "Demetrius", "Sam",],
                  "Like": ["Gus", "Shane", "Krobus", "Pam",],
                  "Neutral": ["Marnie", "Clint", "George", "Sebastian", "Abigial", "Alex", "Caroline", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Haley", "Jodi", "Kent", "Leah", "Lewis", "Linus", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sandy"],
                  "Dislike": ["Penny", "Vincent", "Jas", "Harvey", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                  }

Strawberry Lemonade

"GiftTastes":
                  {
                  "Love": ["Maru", "Demetrius", "Sam", "Krobus"],
                  "Like": ["Shane", "Pam", "Robin", "Sandy"],
                  "Neutral": ["Gus", "Marnie", "Clint", "George", "Sebastian", "Abigial", "Alex", "Caroline", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Haley", "Jodi", "Kent", "Leah", "Lewis", "Linus", "Pierre"],
                  "Dislike": ["Penny", "Vincent", "Jas", "Harvey", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                  }

Strawberry Juice

"GiftTastes":
                  {
                  "Love": [ "Demetrius"],
                  "Like": ["Gus", "Shane", ,"Pam"],
                  "Neutral": ["Marnie", "Clint", "George", "Sebastian", "Alex", "Caroline", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Kent", "Krobus", "Leah", "Lewis", "Linus", "Maru", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sam", "Sandy", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                  "Dislike": ["Penny", "Abigial", "Vincent", "Jas"],
                  "Hate": ["Haley"]
                  }

Now if only my daughter would let me do more at time because going it's boring mommy.

• princessiphi

princessiphi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this plan and I'll have a look. I was thinking that's exactly what my json assets mods needs. (You might also consider expanding the item requests for quests to these things as well, including the cooking and artisan items because I think that would really give the player more incentive to cook!) I would just like to point out a typo in your code
                    "Neutral": ["Marnie", "Clint", "George", "Sebastian", "Abigial","
                    You have misspelled Abigail here. Just wanted to point it out to prevent you a possible headache just in case you copy -pasted it from your code

I hope the precious kitty is feeling much better now and is healthy for the next 17 years of her life :kitten2:

• paradigmnomad

@princessiphi I'll make sure to keep a lookout for that when copy + pasting. SMAPI tells if there's an error as well + which line which makes troubleshooting easier as well!

We have no quest system in place. Ideally I would like to add a way to obtain some of these recipes by mail but I just haven't found the time.

• RabidMuffins

RabidMuffins Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@princessiphi I caught that when I started working on another mod. I'll be looking through all of them again to make sure they're all fixed. Thanks for the heads up! :D

• M!lo

M!lo Yeah, You!

"GiftTastes":
                          {
                          "Like": ["Clint", "Demetrius", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Leah", "Linus", "Maru", "Robin"],
                          "Neutral": ["Alex", "Caroline", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Gus", "Haley", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Pam", "Pierre", "Penny", "Sandy", "Shane", "Willy", "Wizard" ]
                          "Dislike": ["Abigail", "George", "Krobus", "Sam", "Sebastian"]
                          "Hate": ["Jas", "Vincent"]
                          }

I don't know if you want explanations or not. For the "likes" I put people who might appreciate it for its soothing properties for burns (like Clint and Maru) or cooking/eating.

• M!lo

M!lo Yeah, You!

It won't let me fix the above post for some reason, but I had a couple of errors. Here's the fixed up version.

"GiftTastes":
                            {
                            "Like": ["Clint", "Demetrius", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Leah", "Linus", "Maru", "Robin"],
                            "Neutral": ["Alex", "Caroline", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "Gus", "Haley", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Pam", "Pierre", "Penny", "Sandy", "Shane", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                            "Dislike": ["Abigail", "George", "Krobus", "Sam", "Sebastian"],
                            "Hate": ["Jas", "Vincent"]
                            }

• paradigmnomad

If you want to add explanations you can but no need!

Thanks for your contribution! Added!

M!lo likes this.
                              • M!lo

M!lo Yeah, You!

"GiftTastes":
                                {
                                "Like": ["Alex", "Caroline", "Clint", "Demetrius", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "George", "Gus", "Harvey", "Jodi", "Kent", "Krobus", "Leah", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Maru", "Pam", "Penny", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sandy", "Sebastian", "Shane", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                                "Dislike": ["Abigail", "Haley", "Jas", "Sam", "Vincent"],
                                }

"GiftTastes":
                                {
                                "Love": ["Harvey"],
                                "Like": ["Alex", "Caroline", "Clint", "Demetrius", "Dwarf", "Elliott", "Emily", "Evelyn", "George", "Gus", "Jodi", "Kent", "Krobus", "Leah", "Linus", "Marnie", "Maru", "Pam", "Penny", "Pierre", "Robin", "Sandy", "Shane", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                                "Dislike": ["Abigail", "Haley", "Jas", "Sam", "Sebastian", "Vincent"],
                                "Hate": ["Lewis"]
                                }

"GiftTastes":
                                {
                                "Love": ["Abigail", "Emily", "Sebastian"],
                                "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Krobus", "Leah", "Linus", "Pam", "Pierre", "Sam", "Sandy", "Shane", "Wizard"],
                                "Neutral": ["Clint", "Dwarf", "Evelyn", "George", "Gus", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Maru", "Willy"],
                                "Dislike": ["Caroline", "Demetrius"],
                                "Hate": ["Alex", "Haley", "Jas", "Jodi", "Penny", "Robin", "Vincent"]
                                }

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Blackblooddoomwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Oooh, I love this! I can try and work through Farmer to Florist.

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Abigail"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Caroline", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Robin", "Sandy"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Alex", "Shane", "Maru", "Dwarf", "Gus", "Krobus", "Pam", "Pierre", "Vincent", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Sebastian", "Clint", "George"],
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Abigail", "Elliott", "Harvey"],
                                  "Like": ["Emily", "Leah", "Penny", "Caroline", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Linus", "Sandy", "Maru", "Gus", "Pierre", "Wizard", "Clint"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Haley", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Shane", "Willy", "George"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Robin", "Alex", "Dwarf", "Krobus", "Jas", "Vincent"],
                                  "Hate": ["Sam", "Pam", "Sebastian"]
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Leah", "George"],
                                  "Like": ["Harvey", "Demetrius", "Linus"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Emily", "Evelyn", "Wizard", ],
                                  "Dislike": ["Abigail", "Elliott", "Penny", "Caroline", "Maru", "Gus", "Pierre", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Shane", "Willy", "Robin", "Alex", "Dwarf", "Krobus", "Sam", "Pam", "Sebastian"],
                                  "Hate": ["Sandy", "Clint", "Haley", "Jas", "Vincent"]
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Harvey", "Emily"],
                                  "Like": ["Leah", "Abigail", "Elliott", "Penny", "Maru", "Shane", "Alex", "Sam", "Sebastian", "Haley"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Linus", "Wizard", "Gus", "Willy", "Dwarf", "Krobus", "Sandy"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Caroline", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Robin", "Pam", "Pierre", "Jas", "Vincent"],
                                  "Hate": ["George", "Clint", "Jodi"]
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Leah", "Sandy"],
                                  "Like": ["Harvey", "Emily", "Abigail", "Elliott", "Penny", "Maru", "Alex", "Sam", "Haley", "Linus", "Wizard", "Gus", "Krobus", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Caroline", "Marnie", "Jas", "Vincent", "Jodi"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Willy", "Dwarf", "Kent", "Lewis", "Robin", "Pierre", ],
                                  "Dislike": ["Sebastian", "Pam", "Clint", ],
                                  "Hate": ["Shane", "George"]
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Jodi", "Penny"],
                                  "Like": ["Leah", "Sandy", "Abigail", "Elliott", "Maru", "Sam", "Linus", "Gus", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Caroline", "Jas", "Vincent", "Willy", "Dwarf", "Kent", "Robin", "Shane"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Alex", "Haley", "Wizard", "Krobus", "Marnie", "Lewis", "Pierre", "Sebastian"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Pam", "Clint", "George"],
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Elliott", "Maru", "Shane", "Sebastian"],
                                  "Like": ["Leah", "Harvey", "Emily", "Abigail", "Penny", "Alex", "Sam", "Sebastian"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Caroline", "Kent", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Robin", "Pam", "Pierre", "Jas", "Vincent"],
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Haley", "Abigail", "Alex", "Sam"],
                                  "Like": ["Leah", "Harvey", "Emily", "Elliott", "Penny", "Maru", "Shane", "Sebastian"],
                                  }

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Evelyn", "Jas", "Vincent"],
                                  "Like": ["Sam", "Harvey", "Penny", "Maru", "Linus", "Gus", "Krobus", "Sandy", "Caroline", "Robin", "George", "Jodi"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Haley", "Abigail", "Leah", "Emily", "Elliott", "Willy", "Dwarf", "Demetrius", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Pierre"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Alex", "Shane", "Wizard", "Kent", "Clint"],
                                  "Hate": ["Sebastian", "Pam"]
                                  },

"GiftTastes":
                                  {
                                  "Love": ["Caroline"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Robin", "Sandy"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Alex", "Shane", "Maru", "Dwarf", "Gus", "Krobus", "Pam", "Pierre", "Vincent", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                                  },

{
                                  "Love": ["Caroline", "Jodi", "Marnie"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Robin", "Sandy"],
                                  },

{
                                  "Love": ["Robin"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Sebastian" "Sandy", "Caroline"],
                                  "Dislike": ["Clint", "George"],
                                  },

{
                                  "Love": ["Maru"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Robin", "Sandy", "Carloine"],
                                  "Neutral": ["Alex", "Shane", "Dwarf", "Gus", "Krobus", "Pam", "Pierre", "Vincent", "Willy", "Wizard"],
                                  },

{
                                  "Love": ["Sandy"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Robin", "Caroline"],
                                  },

{
                                  "Love": ["Jas", "Penny"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Emily", "Haley", "Leah", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Robin", "Sandy", "Caroline],
                                  },

{
                                  "Love": ["Emily"],
                                  "Like": ["Elliott", "Harvey", "Sam", "Haley", "Leah", "Penny", "Abigail", "Demetrius", "Evelyn", "Jas", "Jodi", "Kent", "Lewis", "Linus", "Marnie", "Robin", "Sandy", "Caroline],
                                  "Dislike": ["Sebastian", "George"],
                                  "Hate": ["Clint"]
                                  },

Okay done for now! I'll work on some more tomorrow!

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Blackblooddoomwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Won't let me edit because of spam so here's the bouquet of purity again. Hopefully, you can see it this time...

"GiftTastes":
                                    {
                                    "Love": ["Evelyn", "Jas", "Vincent"],
                                    "Like": ["Sam", "Harvey", "Penny", "Maru", "Linus", "Gus", "Krobus", "Sandy", "Caroline", "Robin", "George", "Jodi"],
                                    "Neutral": ["Haley", "Abigail", "Leah", "Emily", "Elliott", "Willy", "Dwarf", "Demetrius", "Lewis", "Marnie", "Pierre"],
                                    "Dislike": ["Alex", "Shane", "Wizard", "Kent", "Clint"],
                                    "Hate": ["Sebastian", "Pam"]
                                    },

• paradigmnomad

Thank you! Added to the files :D