Pre-game Organization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FarmerBethany, May 9, 2018.

1. Katalaeia

Katalaeia Master Chief

My husband and I came within two items of finishing in year 1, and neither was the red cabbage. One was the catfish (I never managed to catch one, entirely my fault) and the other was the truffle (didn't get the barn upgraded fast enough/traveling merchant never had one). Otherwise doing this in multiplayer made it feel a lot easier than doing it solo, to me.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

I did the same but with actual pen & paper, for the satisfaction of highlighting what's done (though, it's not reusable, of course).
      From your first screenshot all I can see I'd add is a way to indicate those bundles that require less items than the total of options you have to complete them.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Time seems to run faster in multiplayer and time doesn't pause when you open a chest or when you fish, so 2 players is not double time but more like 1.5 time

FarmerBethany likes this.
        • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

It's not that time goes faster, so much as, like you pointed out, time *never* stops. When you open a chest... time marches on. When you check your inventory... time marches on. When you hook a fish... time marches on. It adds up really quickly and makes it feel like it is going faster.

FarmerBethany and Fuzzyman like this.
          • FarmerBethany

FarmerBethany Master Chief

Yeah, that's the thing I've been missing as I've done everything. It hasn't been awful but it means I actually have to check everything a couple times. Every time I finish a bundle I mark everything in that bundle as collected. It works for now, but I still need to add it.

• FarmerBethany

FarmerBethany Master Chief

I think the truffle might be my downfall. Like I said in my original post, I'm not trying to complete in year one so much as trying to complete by Spring 5th. I'm hoping that I can get my barn upgraded and my pig(s) grown up during winter so I can get a truffle in Spring. I also need a rabbits foot and that's starting to look a little difficult.

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi guys I see many times people complain about red cabbage and depends from Traveller cart to do 1 year Community center.
                So I did simple CC bundle change: I change red cabbage from DYE bundle to Beet (you can buy beet seeds at desert).
                No more change of bundles.
                All languages bundle change so don't worry.
                There you go - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2401

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

While that does sound like an interesting mod, and I'm not trying to denigrate your skill, it really doesn't matter since the basic premise for these 'speed runs' is 'no mods', so no one has an unfair advantage. After all, I could just as easily write up a mod that would trivialize all of the bundles and make it easy to complete as soon as it is opened, if I wanted to, so once you open up mods, it becomes untenable.

The 'first year challenge' is just that... it is a challenge. And part of the challenge is accepting the fact that, rarely, you will be blocked from completing it because of RNG.

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yea, but some people just want finish CC in 1 year for themself without depending of Traveller cart and without creating many new game save for better rng...
                    It isn't for speed runs, it's simple change for average player who wants possibility to do Community center in 1 year every time they want to try and with every new game save.
                    Ps. To create mod with 1 change in bundle is about 10min with everything so I don't worry if only couple people want it. It's no problem. Just have fun.

BentFX likes this.