1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Preset+No-Penalty StatusPods/Shrines

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Denninja, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Denninja

Denninja Phantasmal Quasar

Due to controversy at http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-1-hit-ko-shrines-have-gotta-go.49211/
    If you're looking simply for balance to the current object, http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/alternate-status-pods-shrines.51874/

Here's a mod for anyone wanting purely beneficial Status Pods. [​IMG]
    - they're shattered by weapons
    - they drop 250 pixels when destroyed by weapons or tools
    - when used, they restore full HP (up to 100k)
    - you can get the pixels after consuming the heal, which is wasted if the pod gets damaged first, that's a risk if you need the heal mid-combat!

Files in Starbound\assets\
    \objects\generic\statuspod\statuspod.object
    \projectiles\healingstatusprojectile\healingstatusprojectile.projectile

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Rabblerouser and yk999 like this.
  2. Rabblerouser

Rabblerouser Phantasmal Quasar

Support! :D

So to be clear, if I only use the projectiles file, I can still have the gambling, but also have a way to clear them out for construction?

3. Sikelh

Sikelh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While you sir are a gentleman and a scholar for trying to solve this some of us just want it dialed back not gone. Still good to have out for those who do though.

4. Denninja

The object file is almost everything, the projectile file simply increases the amount of healing that projectile does.

5. Rabblerouser

Rabblerouser Phantasmal Quasar

How would you suggest 'dialing it back'?

The best I can think of us giving the option between:
    • Gamble with your the life as the pods are now
    • Destroy it for a set pixel amount
    I see that as a fair compromise. Basically the action when you 'activate' it remains the same.. OR... you can make the good status effects last for MUUUUUUUUUUUCH longer to actually make the gamble WORTH IT.
    Though maybe the pixel amount should be 150 or 100. 250 seems.. excessive.. or maybe I'm just too early in the game?

Maybe have two versions. The current one as it stands now (Maybe name it "Lazy Newb Shrine" :p) and have a more compromised, balanced one with the ideas above.

Think that's possible, Denn?

6. Denninja

Eh, I just based that on the drop amounts at mid-high levels.
    I just went to a lv5 planet to check, the regular ground+flying enemies dropped over 250 pixels total after at most 4 kills, averaged 2.
    The brown chests ranged 5-591 each.
    On a lv3 planet, the chests' contents rolled almost the same and it took on average 3 kills to break 250 pixels. Small flying enemies however only dropped 10 each, not worth going for them.

I'll add a version with increased buffs and a risk plus the pixel drop option, that sounds great.

edit- New thread and link in OP.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013