1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Bug/Issue Prevent a [Black Midi] [Black ABC] from being played?

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Forcedminer, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello starbounders,

I was on a server there yesterday and it was exciting seeing so many players at one place.
    now it doesn't bother me as much but a player started playing an instrument with a song i guess can be called an ABC version of a [Black Midi] its main effect was that it reduced my frame rate to below 5 fps while the user was playing other users were complaining so i know it wasn't just affecting me it also didn't sound so good since i've a feeling starbounds abc style can't play 50 notes at once. :p

my suggestion if possible would be
    to limit the max amount of notes that can be played by a player at once.....
    or something more simple....
    limit the max file size that can be set....
    then again a [Black Midi] burst could be made...

if you don't know what a [Black Midi] is check this video for a prime example of one

P.S I've dabbled a bit with midi to abc conversions with a program like midi anvil that [black midi] could be compressed into one track and that track converted to an abc and loaded into starbound