Price on the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JBob, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kaffien

kaffien Space Hobo

They should start (another?) kickstarter page. Or add a donate / pre order button. There's quite a few people ready to throw money their way.
    I'm one of them. My gf loves harvest moon as well the co op idea means alot to me. More money faster dev right? Lets get it done!

deadmatters likes this.
    • deadmatters

deadmatters Void-Bound Voyager

If so many people in here can afford to buy games on the internet and own a computer then 10 - 20$ are not much. Look at other companies, that want 40 - 60$ for a game and their 100 DLCs that cost extra 5- 10$ per DLC and their developers has put propably the same effort in their games ( IMHO other companies develop on quantity and not quality) like the devs from SV . You can imagine now that this is strictly a subjective problem. I think that you, Witness, maybe don't have the savings for the game to be more than 10$. If I am wrong, then I am sorry, but other than that I don't understand the fuss about the price. Support the devs by giving them 10$ or even 20$ is more than right for me ( and others in here too), some of those indie-devs even quit their jobs to develop those awesome games and have family and children too, see it from that side.

Additionally, never ever pick up political subjects (the suggested price as food-money for children) in gaming-forums like this. This is a problem that you can discuss in a political forums/threads.
      Sorry to say it like this, but someone had to straighten that out!
      ~dead

LastDay and Saber Cherry like this.
      • Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Yup, you're kind of wrong.

Please look at my first message regarding this discussion to get a clear picture. I do not suggest lowering price under 10$, 15$ or whatever. I was reminding people who want to show their state of wealth or devotion by suggesting some quite-out-there price to remember that there are also many players who would want to, but may not pay as much as they can (especially those from countries where exchange rate for dollars is plain brutal) and that having different payment/order tiers (as, for example, it is with Starbound's preorder) would be the best choice allowing those with much available cash to devote it all for the game but also leaving a choice for those who, for example, have a family to spend on and won't dare splurting, say 50$ on Stardew Valley (in some places of the world equaling food expanses for a month for one person, and I am not even talking about homeless hobos now), no matter if it, in the end, will deserve it or not.

So, what I wrote was just a reminder to suggest prices reasonable and with having cost & income differences around the world, without starting any real fuss. Hope it's clear now. Blah, I don't like it when people basically force me to write my post again :p

LastDay likes this.
        • deadmatters

deadmatters Void-Bound Voyager

Nope, my opinion can't be "kind of wrong".

Sorry to dissapoint you but, I think if I don't understand your comment so neither you do mine then. So never mind this, I am too tired to explain simple thing to you.

• Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Your comment is basically information that at the price of around 10$ - 15$ the developer wouldn't charge much for his game, especially with comparison to AAA productions. So I am quite sure I understand you fine. Sad thing is, I wrote nothing to oppose such statement and neither was it a point of my comment. Thus, thinking I did and by making reference to such - you are wrong (to befit your taste, without 'kind of'). But yes, apparently there's no point in dragging the conversation further.

• Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

Great! Let's close this thread.

• Huami

Huami Pangalactic Porcupine

you could donate for the $45 or the $75 bit =3

• Sunako_Kirishiki

Sunako_Kirishiki Subatomic Cosmonaut

refer to my old arguments

• Huami

Huami Pangalactic Porcupine

no need to feel guilty for getting the $15, any preorder level is a great help to the game - And the Pixel tier is the best one there is being the one that helped starbound the most reach its $1 million mark, with almost 44,000 in sales =3 The developers priced the base starbound just $5 higher than terraria was, and I'm sure it is a price they felt was fair for it ^^ And if ever you were feeling generous enough to donate more they would reciprocate and acknowledge the generosity through small tokens of appreciation - with fairly large purchases ($45 all the way to tier 6) getting the donor his/her own personal in game plaque of appreciation made in the forms of a badges, name in credits + npc, a hat, a weapon and a statue. In my case, I'll be having myself and my wife designed on the same pedestal, as for the hat and weapon - something I still have to think about ^^

(I recon, it also helps to fight piracy by pricing low such that if ever anyone did the scenario would be like "the game is $15 and you pirated it? That's low man... low" ^^ )

• dawgeth

dawgeth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To get this bad boy back on track -

I'm seriously hoping that CA opens it up - either in some sort of tiered fashion or even easier, pay what you want over this base price. I've got $100 with his name on it for this bad boy. I don't even have it laying around, but I'll be supporting another dev by doing it. He's bustin his ass, he deserves it.

However, I think we're looking at the $15 mark for it.