Prices and Tailoring?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cheesey, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Cheesey

Cheesey Title Not Found

What if at certain times and seasons of the in-game year, different ores and produce
    would be worth certain prices.Like a high demand or on the lines of that.
    Mattering on the rarity and etc.

Also, since you can customize your character, why not being able to tailor?
    You would be able to gather wool, cotton, dyes, and all. From there, you make your own stuff!
    Not just clothes and appearance but rugs, certain furniture, etc.

-Cheesey

Bughunter likes this.
    • Sariod

Sariod Void-Bound Voyager

It would be nice if the market for goods would sway even more frequently than say every season. Maybe twice or three times per month people would have varying demand for certain products.

Cheesey likes this.
      • Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Sounds like a good idea. Like Sariod said, there should be different demands at different times in the year. Like in October, Pumpkins would be in high demand, whilst Strawberries would be in low demand, but cost more because they are not in season. Or at least something like that :/

Cheesey likes this.
        • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I love these ideas. They sound like later updates though, especially the second one. I love the second idea, but I would put money on it not being in initial release. Honestly though, it sounds like an awesome idea.

Cheesey and Bughunter like this.
          • Cheesey

Cheesey Title Not Found

Agreed

I can see what you mean ^^.

Bughunter likes this.
            • DBDragoner

DBDragoner Void-Bound Voyager

Different prices would be great if it followed logic. Prices would be highest for produce when its out of season. If it grows in spring it'll sell the most during winter, or something. Every month (or season) prices for other things like nonseasonal items would randomly flux within a certain limitation. Wouldn't want wheat to be more profitable than gold.

Now the whole dyes and tailoring thing.:love: I love being able to make everything on my own instead of having to rely on buying it. Might be cheaper in the long run. Or it could be an advanced way of getting money. Raise the sheep, grow cotton, and dye plants. Make items, dye them, and sell them for a profit. Love having many ways of making money then just having to only rely just on plants, animal products, and what I can collect. More trouble to set up but more money.

Like to have the tailor shop to further customize my character, or customize then differently in game if I get bored of how they look.

Cheesey likes this.
              • CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, looking at the customization of the house interior, I'd say dyes and tailoring should be in already in the game
                But..how would you get dyes? :O
                Mashing flowers and stuff? :s

• DBDragoner

DBDragoner Void-Bound Voyager

Yes exactly. Lots of dyes can come from plants, animals, or minerals. The items you want dyed are put in the pot which is heated and stirred until the color is transferred. This is usual done to the raw materiel before its crafted with. I looked it up in the wiki real quick. Type in natural dye.

• CJoker3221

The More You Know!
                    Or you can sell the manufactured dyes to the basic general store, and an actual tailor would join the Valley and sell basic to intermediate dye level, those special dyes like mixed color dyes, you have to make it yourself or find it yourself

• Cheesey

Cheesey Title Not Found

I'm glad to see you get the idea ^^.
                      And if different seasons had different clothes, it would be neat ;3. For instance, you wouldn't wear t-shirts and shorts in winter, but jackets and all. You would get sick to cold or heat exposure :proper: (check my medicine post for more on such). Maybe you could even make costumes according to each season as well ^^.

• CJoker3221

Judging from the videos I watched, I don't see any slots for clothings..at least I think I didn't see them..o_O
                        Anyone wanna check to see if I'm wrong xD

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

changeable clothes aren't going to be in the game on the initial release, I believe Ape said in the old forums that there will be accessory slots, but as far as changing your clothes like shirts and pants, that's something that might come later. I can't wait until that happens because I really enjoy that aspect of life-sims.

• CJoker3221

Ah, that's good to hear :)

• Wasselin

Wasselin Pangalactic Porcupine

I always thought the player should influence the price. If you grew nothing but strawberries eventually the price would drop because the supply of strawberries would outstrip the demand.

Bughunter likes this.
                              • CJoker3221

Ah, of course, that's a good idea. Having too much of one thing, isn't good ;)
                                Varying from Strawberries and any other fruits/veges gives us a reason to farm more!

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I definitely like supply and demand. Though, if I have a problem with the supply and demand for a certain crop, then I'll just cook food with it and ship that, lol.