Pride EventS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MacMakoShark, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Unless I missed something the only negative response this thread has generated was toward adding it to the vanilla game. Making it a mod has had 0 pushback, so I'm not sure who you are addressing.

As for confrontational debates, there's really only been one combative person in the thread, and she liked your post...

Edit: (also, doom seems confrontational, sorry I missed that exchange. it still seems in reponse to zosa, so the point still stands)

• SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

The content of several of the posts in this thread can be interpreted in a way that makes the poster look discriminatory against LGBT individuals. I'm pointing out that it would be best to avoid trying to delve into real world politics and focus on the game/suggestion itself. If someone makes a suggestion please don't say 'well there's a real life counterpart to this and i dont like those' isn't necessary to the discussion and will only leave people feeling alienated or upset, leading to further arguments.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

it is based on experience and my opinion, so why can't i give my own opinion because of my own reason
        and this "that makes the poster look discriminatory against LGBT individuals" is what people nowadays always assume
        i try to let reallife stay away from this game, esepcially if you look at video's from many LGBT people that go too far
        why can't someone criticise something, or else they are completely hostile and against people?

i never intended to make it look like i'm hostile, and you can make yourself think way more negative toward people who give criticism, or you can just take other's opinions, which many of the new groups do
        some of LGBT mean no harm, but i follow few youtubers that show what some LGBT people say, and how they try to play victim, in a very weird and non-logical way

i even made clear i don't mind it being a mod at all, yet i'm being accused of being hostile towards LGBT people, which i'm not
        you can interpret anything negatively, or just try to understand what someone says
        assuming and accusing right off the bat, is a very negative thing to do, and gives you only enemies

anyway, i gave my opinion, and if it's not even being accepted by a moderator, i don't know what else to say anymore
        i tried my best, but if one wants to play victim (which is 1 of the big reasons why LGBT gets a bad name, and will cause uproars, much worse than this whole topic), they shouldn't talk about it, in my opinion

i made clear several times that i'm NOT against gay people OR LGBT, but if people want to take it that way, don't blame me, blame them

but i stop this now, as i won't get through anyway.... have fun, and remember: opinions don't need to be hostile, even if you see it that way

EDIT: "I'm pointing out that it would be best to avoid trying to delve into real world politics" that is exactly why i say no to this suggestion

• (User has been warned for this post)
        Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
      • Roskii Heiral

My personal philosophy is to try to give someone the benefit of the doubt when interpreting what is said in a forum. This forum is full of people with varying grasps of the english language and from several cultures, backgrounds, and mindsets. I think as a general policy it would be best when someone says something here to try to read it with empathy and an open mind.

After all, we are all born ignorant and from there (hopefully) we grow past it. The best way to stimulate this growth (in my opinion) is to foster an enviroment where ideas can be raised and challenged. My ideal for staff would be for them to do their best to facilitate rather than attempt to funnel it all through one ideology. I know that my post will likely (once again) fall on deaf ears, but I feel like it should be said reguardless.

• SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

I generally agree but I'd much rather focus on the in-game aspects in this forum, not discussing real world issues as it opens the door to making people feel uncomfortable, ostracized, or just plain aggressive/insult others (I'm not saying this is what happened, but it's a possibility, and eliminating chances for any forum user to experience these is my priority).

• Roskii Heiral

If I'm not mistaken, this topic is about taking a real life event and bringing it into the game. I would also prefer to keep real life out of the game (as much as possible), but since this thread is open I'd assume that discussing the pros and cons of this real life event in stardew valley is an acceptable thing to talk about here.

On a side note, attempting to eliminate the possibility that someone will be uncomfortable pretty much destroys any chance for personal growth through discussing the topic (again, in my opinion). Being uncomfortable is part of being alive, I don't see how attempting to prevent that is helpful to anyone.

Christnewhogaming and Kurachi84 like this.
            • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

So Elliot is a really fine dancer don't you think?