1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Printable Seeds (v. Offended Koala)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Nate McCloud, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

This is my first mod, so it's not particularly extravagant. This mod does just a few things:
    • Makes crop seeds scannable and printable again, just as they were in the Perturbed Koala version -- 200 Pixels to print.
    • Fixes a few typos seen in Glitch descriptions of certain seeds.
    • Corrects the reversed descriptions of Boltbulbs and Boltbulb Seeds.
    • As it does not overwrite any files, it's completely reversible!
    As of the latest version, it is no longer necessary to make changes to your bootstrap.config file! Just unzip the folder to your mods directory, and you're done!

Download: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/50/? -- v1.4.3 (Enraged Koala)

Mirror: Mediafire

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    yk999, ErekoseDM and UrashimaStar like this.
  2. Pazius

Pazius Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't you think the cost is way too low?

3. Nate McCloud

I could buff the price, yes...but I only went with 1 pixel because that's the price they were in Perturbed Koala version. If there is enough demand, I will update it with an increased price.

4. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

nate, could you add some extra download locations please?
    cant get it cause nexus being stupid atm :(

wondered why i couldnt scan/print seeds anymore heh .. thought it was just bugged, not removed :(

5. Nate McCloud

Done! Added a Mediafire link.

LoPhatKao likes this.
  6. ErekoseDM

ErekoseDM Void-Bound Voyager

does this mod also scan saplings?
    would be awesome if it did

getting too many of both seeds and saplings to keep in the personal inventory >_<

also not sure if it was modified but how about free to scan or 1-10 pixels to scan something, but 500-1k pixels to print out seeds.
    maybe keep 1 species of seed 1 pixel to prevent possible starvations like wheat or corn or something that would work for all the races without poisoning them but is also common.

i lost 17+ seed species c/o my steam forced this last update; i had it set to ask me before it updates, but it chose to ignore me >_<

7. Nate McCloud

Saplings will be added to this mod in the next update, provided I can find the appropriate resources. As for price, there is currently no way to set separate scanning and printing prices.

ErekoseDM likes this.
  8. Orati-Agito

Orati-Agito Intergalactic Tourist

I've been playing with the files in your mod and I must thank you. It's helped me figure out how everything works. I've taken the liberty of moving the mod to "v Angry Koala" and added a few more things to it. Adding the 'recipes/refinery' folders allowed me to change the voxel loss (to a reasonable 10%). Once again, thank you. :D

9. Nate McCloud

Glad I could help. :D I've updated to v. Angry Koala myself on my end, but I never got around to uploading it. I will do that now.

EDIT: Mod has been updated!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  10. Nate McCloud

I am terribly sorry, but I am unable to figure out how to allow saplings to be printed. At present, they can be scanned, but they don't show up in the printer. Please save your saplings!

11. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

Code:
    Error: Error loading object file /objects/farmables/automato/automatoseed.object: VariantException: Improper conversion to int from string in get("price")

needs a furious update :/
    all the
    "price" : "1"
    lines need to be changed to
    "price" : 1

edit: while going thru files, found an old pussplum object renamed starbound log in the pussplum folder lol

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  12. Nate McCloud

You're probably using an old version. Are you sure you downloaded v1.3? I forgot to update the version in the readme, but when you download the mod, you should see two files: PrintableSeeds.modinfo, and packed.pak.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  13. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

nope had the 1.2 version, cause didnt know there was a 1.3 heh
    OP only refers to 1.2

fixed it all myself anyway ;)

14. Nate McCloud

Ah! My apologies...I forgot to update the post here! I updated the mod on the Mod section here and on the Nexus site, however.