1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Problems with optimization

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by VictorHoly, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictorHoly

VictorHoly Space Hobo

Hi, I have a problem with optimization. After the purchase, I started playing and the first 5 - 10 minutes of the game is good. But then (or if from the landing point to go very far to one side or deep under the ground) begins to decrease fps. Play becomes difficult and I did not enjoy it. Tell me what to do, maybe I have a weak computer, or you have not optimized the game, but do it in the future?

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Game is still being optimized. That could be the root of your issues, or it could be in part a weak computer, hard to say since you omitted that information.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  3. VictorHoly

VictorHoly Space Hobo

AMD FX (tm) -4130 Quad-Core Processor, 3800 MHz cores: 2 logical processors: 4
    RAM 4 Gb
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Heh... a GTS450... Aint that a nice relic.

From personal experience I can tell you your GPU is not so great. Ive used several GT720 cards, which are newer equivalents, and they ran Starbound poorly. Also have used GT730s and GT740s, which do the job, but not without some hiccups.

Keep your zoom level at 4x and you should be OK for the time being, but honestly, It would probably improve your experience in all areas if you looked into getting a new computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.