Modding Help Projectile Image Processing Directives

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by nickc01, Jan 30, 2017.

1. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm trying to use an image processing directive on a projectile to change its hue.

The projectile works fine without the processing directive, but if I add one onto it, like this example:

Code:
      "image" : "/Projectiles/Red/traversalred.png?hueshift=180",
    It flat out refuses to show the projectile at all when spawned in, plus this error occurs when it happens:

Code:
    [15:26:44.653] [Error] Could not load image asset '/Projectiles/Red/traversalred.png?hueshift=180:0', using placeholder default.
    (ImageOperationException) Error reading ImageOperation
    Caused by: (BadLexicalCast)
    So am I doing something wrong or are processing directives not supported on projectiles?

2. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

The frame is added to the end automatically. You can only apply frames at the end of the image path, not after directives.

Valid: image.png?hueshift=180
    Valid: image.png:0
    Valid: image.png:0?hueshift=180
    Invalid: image.png?hueshift=180:0

I'm not sure if it still exists, but try adding the parameter "processing" with your directives instead.
    Code:
    "processing" : "?hueshift=180"

3. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

So I need to find a way to get the :0 before the directives.

So i decided to give this setup a try:

Code:
    "image" : "/Projectiles/Red/traversalred.png:0?hueshift=180",
    But unfortunately, it still seems to add the :0 to the end automatically even though there's already one in there

Code:
    [16:53:09.134] [Error] Could not load image asset '/Projectiles/Red/traversalred.png:0?hueshift=180:0', using placeholder default.
    (ImageOperationException) Error reading ImageOperation
    Caused by: (BadLexicalCast)
    I've given this setup a shot:

Code:
      "image" : "/Projectiles/Red/traversalred.png",
      "processing" : "?hueshift=180",
    The projectile was able to spawn and display properly, but the directives didn't change anything, the hue didn't change.

IHart likes this.
  4. Theguywhoisrightbehindyou

Theguywhoisrightbehindyou Space Spelunker

i know this is an old thread, but how do i get it to display a custom image? do i put in the png code drawables or something else like hatter's png code?

5. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

The hatter generates directives that should work just fine. Apply the directives value to processing and set the image to /assetMissing.png