Modding Help Projectiles on Gauntlets

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Askedforit, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Askedforit

Askedforit Orbital Explorer

So, for a little bit now I've been attempting to make some Power Gauntlets that fire projectiles when the punch, like the travelling swoosh from the Sword Alt , or perhaps some rockets and make it a RWBY gauntlet...but I have no idea what to do. I don't know where I can put in the ActionOnReap, because I can't find any original projectile. I know that there are some fantastic modders out there, so if anyone has any answers, I'd be super happy!

~Askedforit

EDIT 1: The JSON is valid but the projectiles won't spawn. I've resorted to frankensteining with LUA and hoping for it to work.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. Askedforit

4. Crome

Crome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not entirely sure if this would work, but try using ActionOnReap when the "Swoosh" ends. As far as I know, I've tried numerous methods to spawn a projectile with gauntlets and they just can't do it. However, I did make some nice RWBY inspired gauntlets, although they don't spawn any projectiles. I can give you the /spawnitem code if you'd like.

EDIT: After a quick look through the assets, it turns out that you're really limited in what you can do with fist weps, oh well...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  5. Askedforit

I'd be delighted to have that spawnitem code. :nuruhappy:

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You could theoretically just mimic the behavior with a normal melee weapon, like a shortsword, although you'd might have difficulty adding combo -> finisher behaviour.