Closed PS4: Music is played back in mono only

Discussion in 'Support' started by KevinW, Feb 8, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinW

KevinW Space Hobo

Dear Lunar Ray Games-Team,

I just bought Timespinner on PS4 and noticed an audio bug: The music is only played back in mono through the center channel.

I assume that the problem seems to be connected to the channel assignment of this version of the game, since the Sound Effects play back correctly in stereo. I've also noticed while browsing through gameplay videos on YouTube, that only the PS4 Version is affected.

I really hope you can fix this with a title update, since this is really detrimental to the sound quality and great atmosphere of the game.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

Oh bummer, this is the first I've heard of this. Unfortunately, as I used external software to compress the soundtrack for PS4, it's unlikely that I'll be patching this in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• KevinW

KevinW Space Hobo

Aw, that would be too bad, the music is such a big part of the experience and it just doesn't sound very good folded to mono.
        Are you sure that the compression-software is at fault? Maybe the files are in stereo after all and there's just something strange going on with the channel assignment, since it's only played back from the center channel instead of the front left and right channels?

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

As this will not be patched, I'm closing thread.

Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.