1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

PS4 version: Can't access Sturdy Ring recipe

Discussion in 'Support' started by Misterian, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Misterian

Misterian Space Hobo

I just got the game for my PS4 and I reached combat level 1, which unlocked the Sturdy Ring recipe, the problem is that while I can see the ring in my crafting menu, the cursor for some reason can't highlight it. Anytime I press down to reach it from the basic fertilizer recipe, it skips over to my inventory, and any time I try to reach from from my inventory slots, the cursor skips to the basic fertilizer recipe.

Any idea what's going on with my cursor? the game so far works just fine otherwise.

• not_soly

not_soly Intergalactic Tourist

Switch cursor is a little bit finicky on the crafting menu; I assume PS4 cursor is the same. I suspect that the nonstandard grid of the crafting menu doesn't play well with the straightforwards up-down-left-right of controller-style movement.

Try accessing it by moving towards the Sturdy Ring recipe from the left (press Right to reach the ring). That's my usual hack. Not a perfect solution, but it works.

You could jump to options and turn off Controller-Style menus as well. This should let you control the cursor with your left stick, like a mouse on the PC.