Q About the Outpost and item Transfer

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Silverdagger, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Silverdagger

Silverdagger Void-Bound Voyager

So i finished the game on one character some time ago and i decided i wanted to create a new one to play the game as a different race. Upon arriving at the outpost(on my new character) i noticed that all the npcs i had done quests to unlock were unlocked (ex the bear shop, the baron) and even the big gate to the Ruin were available to my new character which looks weird..(dunno if it is a bug or it was by design but i believe when you start a new character all those NPCS should be locked just like the 1st time).

At this point i thought all my characters were "sharing" the same instance of the outpost. So i tried changing items by leaving them in a container in the outpost( specificly the fridge) since both characters seemed to be sharing the same outpost instance - only to find out that all the items i deposit there get deleted as soon as i save & quit.

Is this how it is supposed to work or is it a bug? Is there any other way to transfer items between characters other than going by coordinates to the same planet and depositing items in chests? Are the NPCs in the outposts supposed to be unlocked for all the new characters that i create?

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

All characters share the same universe (its also the same universe if you host multiplayer), however the outpost is special and resets to its orginal state every time you leave it (as in, the state it has been upgraded too).

So while you can share items between characters, you can't use the outpost to do so.

3. Eghor

Eghor Poptop Tamer

Still... Theres any way to reset the outpost? I mean, it was to be that way? Seens very, very weird.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Delete your universe. As mentioned the outpost progress is saved in the universe.

You can allways delete it but save whatever worlds you have built on.

p.s Likely a good idea to make a backup for the whole universe folder before you attempt this, just incase something goes horribly wrong :p .

5. Eghor

Eghor Poptop Tamer

Thanks for the tip, brah.