QOL suggestion: Commander musical theme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DukeLebowski, Jul 3, 2018.

1. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fellow Wargroovist,

I have watched all of the available Wargroove footage available on youtube, and so far the game is looking great. I haven't been this excited for a release since Starbound.

Though, one thing struck me and I started to be concerned.

Every commanders have their own single musical theme that starts playing at their respective turn. All the tracks released so far are beautifully crafted. However, like everything in life, repetition can quickly turn a great song in a dull and predictable melody. Hearing over and over the beginning of Greenfinger's theme began to annoy me a bit. And since turns in this game can be very short, we rarely hear more than 30 seconds of the song.
    Thus, my suggestion is adding options to the way their theme is played.

1) Normal play of the theme from the beginning each turn. ( as it is now )
    2) Start the theme at a random pre-established "checkpoint" in the song. That way, we don't hear the same song beginning every time it's our turn. It would add a bit of freshness.
    3) Commander theme of your choice ( Same thing, if you like playing with the same commander you might get bored of its default theme)

Please, tell me what do you think of this and share your ideas.

Cheers,
    Duke

codyfun123 and Pangaea like this.
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I really like this idea! Especially the second option.

Colony and DukeLebowski like this.
      • k-narf

k-narf Intergalactic Tourist

Another option would be having one theme that plays during the entire match, like the Wargrooove's main theme.
        Anyway I really like how it's done right now and I don't think that these kind of things are a priority in the dev team right now, but you can always turn down the music while keeping the sound effects if that is a problem for you.

• Chizuru Minamoto

Chizuru Minamoto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bad idea, if the game runs for hours, then you get even more tired of the theme.

Colony likes this.