1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Quest system broken D;

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ganko, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganko

Ganko Orbital Explorer

Ok so I'm in the unstable version, no updates. I'm fully up to date and I'm doing quests for the peeps in my setlement when i get an error whenever i accept a quest while im already on one it is "Exception caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Path " must be available" PLZ HALP

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Are you using any mods?

If not - What was the the specific quest given to you?

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've been getting this error on Nightly constantly.

One of them is for Nuru's second quest after she joins you, the other is the Tech Scientist at the Outpost. I did the Dash, and the Pulse Jump quests, he mentioned giving him gold bars for Morphball (which is not available in the tech console, lol) and the very next quest bugs out.

I've also seen it pop up other places (a tenant quest, etc).

Both of them crash the game with this error. I'm only using one mod: NightlyFix (which actually makes Nightly playable).

Log File (I believe the last one I had was Nuru's):

EDIT: Yup, last thing I did was turn in the Hylotl Artifact, and then attempt to get Nuru's quest and it crashed the game and I was like "meh, another broken quest, think I'll take a break."

EDIT2: Actually, I'm not sure if mine and the OP's errors are the same, mine says " must be absolute, not "available".

Attached Files:

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Sounds like thay made a change that now requires something in the mission files to use absolute paths rather than relative paths. Will likely be resolves next update.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I wonder why they'd do that though? I wonder if there's an actual reason for this?

7. lazarus78

I'm sure there is. I highly doubt they make changes just to screw with people.

8. Ganko

Ganko Orbital Explorer

Yes i am using a mod, its the unstable fixer

9. Ganko

Ganko Orbital Explorer

Oh and btw its any quest in my settlement. From killing some dark knights in a pond to growing wheat and shugar to make some food item

10. lazarus78

Yeah, like I said, will likely be fixed next update, so give it a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.