Question about how systems spawn.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Canafa, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Canafa

Canafa Space Hobo

I asked this on the steam forum yesterday, but have yet to get any answer. For my main base, I'm looking for a specific setup of planets in a particular system. I want at least one planet in the system to be a gas giant, and around that gas giant to be an arctic/ocean world, alongside some kind of terrestrial world (preferably midnight or tundra) and a moon. However, despite searching nearly four dozen systems with arctic/ocean worlds inside them, I have yet to find a single one where either ocean or arctic worlds orbit a gas giant. Have I just been unlucky so far? Or can those particular planet types not spawn around gas giants? I don't think it's a tier thing, as I've found both midnight and tundra planets around a gas giant before, so I'm really lost. Thanks in advance!

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

What kind of systems are you searching? According to the wiki frozen stars would be the best bet for finding those planets around a gas giant. You've probably just been unlucky. Given how many quadrillions of systems there are I'm sure they exist. It just may take some time to find one.