Questions about Harvy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Relenanator, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, other then the fact that Harvey moved to the valley sometime before your character and the stuff he likes, there's really nothing known about this guy. He has no friends or family and when you marry him, he says that you have saved him from a lifetime of loneliness. He never talks about any family members whatsoever and never discuses anything about his past before he decided to move.

Does anyone have any theory's or ideas about Harvey's character and potentially what his life was previous to ending up in the valley?

• bellestarr

bellestarr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty sure that he mentions the pressure and how losing someone (in his care?) would haunt you the rest of your life... he kinda sorta says it and i interpreted that as he either lost a patient that could/should have been avoided (please note this is my take on it not fact) OR he simply lost a loved one or patient that he felt responsible for but was helpless to do anything about it. (more likely)

With Harvey i always get this feeling of something being just a little off... but i guess it doesn't help when so little is known about him

• Dhalia_Farms

Dhalia_Farms Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, i do always feel something kind of off when i talk to him. He seems like a really nervous person, your theory could probably be why he moved to Stardew

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

As you gain hearts with Doc Harvey, you do learn a little about why he's so sad, and what he really wanted out of life. (No spoilers, now!) He's a bit disappointed in himself, a little regretful... but not as lonely as he may first appear. Harvey's got some of the nicer cut-scenes for character development, especially his 10-heart scene.

I think, for Harvey, is that he's his own worst critic. As much as he's accomplished, he feels like a failure for not living out his dream.

• bellestarr

bellestarr Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, his 10 heat scene is probably the best of them all and i'm not a huge Harvey fan.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

He's the classic "it's always the quiet ones, you know" kind of person who really has a very full life behind their exterior.

• Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But this doesn't explain why he has no family or friends to speak of, or why he's never tried making any friends with the villagers if he felt to lonely. Also, it doesn't help that Harvy himself, is extremely vague in the things he actually does talk about.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I always figured it was a combo that Harvey is one of the more introvert/shy villagers and also that well...when you are the small town's doctor, sure everyone is going to know your name but not many people really want to see you since odds are most of the time anyone sees the doctor is when they are ill or have to go for the OBLIGATORY CHECKUP OF DOOOOM(tm). I mean, ignoring the obvious game element of "insert present/receive friendship" I think Harvey is the one who makes it the most relatable in that you kind of have to start the social wheels turning for him to reciprocate.

As for family, my guess is they are likely long distance. Harvey's likely the odd one out considering everyone else in the valley seem to be centered around a family cluster. But considering how so much focus has been done regarding the possible dysfunctions sprinkled in everyone's households...I'd almost wager to bet that the lack of info probably means that Harvey has a very boring and normal family. Likely the kind who are happy their son is being a successful doctor and probably write to him as often as your farmer's parents write to you. (IE: a bit at the start then NEVER ANYTHING EVER EVEN THOUGH I GAVE YOU TWO GRANDKIDS MOM >:C)

MoonlitBrenya and SkyeTheNoob like this.