Questions and theories about possible Stardew Lore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Relenanator, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Btw, anybody knows if theres anything to do with the renovated Community Center? I mean it looks nice and all... but I feel bad for kicking the Junimo out of the place (returning to their world, I know) for basically... aesthetical reasons only.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Since it's a topic about theories I have one, I noticed a strange creepy looking eyes at Alex house, who in the hell would be @_@

[​IMG]

• Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you sure those are eyes?

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Eyes? Pretty sure that's just an object on the windowsillX3

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Not to be overly ironic, but how many mice merchants do you know that sell hats? I can think of only one or two others. Most sell dental products. Therefore, they must be magical. (In other words, merchant mice are so far out of the realm of accepted reality as to be considered magical, just as fez-wearing pig merchants.)

The wizard flat out tells you there are water spirits, and you've seen what are probably earth ones--the juminos. Linus maintains two separate personalities, one confident and informal when he speaks with the wizard, and one half-animal like, slightly like a small woodland creature, for everyone else. He's clearly hiding something, too. Wouldn't surprise me if he were some sort of druid, and if the jumino's involvement in the Community Center is his doing. It's just unfortunate that right now, after all that build-up, there's nothing that happens inside the CC after it's repaired. There are so many possibilities, there. Hopefully, 1.1 will address this issue.

As to other anthropomorphic creatures existing, I wouldn't be at all surprised. And we may see more, again, in 1.1.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
            • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The whole town is aware of 'monsters' living in the mines-- many of them clearly supernatural, like the skeletons-- and even offers bounties for keeping them in check. It seems pretty clear that the existence of magic is at least somewhat acknowledged by tacit agreement if not overtly discussed.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i wonder if the concept of monsters/magic is established in other parts of the sdv world, too

also, why the heck is abigail made an outcast for her fascination in the magic and spooks when that is something the whole town is aware of?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

For the same reason that an introverted science student might be treated as 'odd', because the majority of people have a culturally distorted view of what goes into that kind of learning. Certain kinds of magic might also be looked on as being 'healthier' than others even in a culture that opening embraces it. Abigail's hobbies lean towards necromancy, dabbling in spirits, specters, and the like.

From ghoulies and ghosties.
                  And long-leggedy beasties.
                  And things that go bump in the night,
                  Good Lord, deliver us! --
                  Scottish Traditional

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                  • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Abigail's rep may also be in part a holdover of the other ways her personality expresses itself that don't meet with general approval. Such as her remarks about bridges, the mines, etc. An occasional eccentricity is fine, such as George's seeming obsession with rocks. Besides, he's elderly and cantankerous. Abigail's in the prime of life, and she's just not doing anything that's expected of her.

That said, she seems more cheerful than many others in the community. She's a kind of Morticia Addams-in-waiting, and centered well within herself. In other words, she's psychologically well-adjusted. Just not well-adjusted to the reality the town prefers.

And where necromancy is concerned, what can she possibly bring that Jas hasn't to the great art?

• Relenanator

Since we're talking about Abigail, is it just me or is there something really off putting about her? Perhaps i'm reading a bit too much into it but she comes off as uncomfortably weird. Why does she just stand by the Wizard's tower instead of actually trying to talk to him. Why does she sometimes go off and brude by herself during some events. I always get the feeling that she's not a well put together as she seems. She could be on her way to turning into a witch.

On a different topic - why is Krobus ok with being friends with the player when the player has to go around killing his people to get ore? I'm guessing this is something CA overlooked when making him.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

“ “...Have you encountered others like me, in the mines? I'm sorry if they were hostile towards you. You see, we've learned to fear humans... there have been too many... unpleasant encounters.”
                        — Krobus

I think maybe Krobus is a bit of an outcast among his kind. He knows they are hostile towards humans and dwarves but is mostly apologetic about it, and doesn't seem to hold it against anyone that they fight back.

• Relenanator

Damn! I try to talk to him all the time and I never got this dialog line yet. Now I feel stupid.

Edit: I still feel like he should be, a least, little upset that you're killing off his people though.

• LuthienNightwolf

That came from the wiki, I can never actually get him to talk to me. I try to click on him and it just pops the shop interface up instead. If someone knows how this is done properly please feel free to share. >u>

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Maybe his culture considers nothing wrong in dying honorably in the defense of their territory.

What's your friendship level with him?

• LuthienNightwolf

Nothing yet on my current save, this was on the last one. I had him all the way up to full hearts, had just been throwing gifts at him but could never trigger actual dialogue.

• Relenanator

So, reading the Wiki closer it says "Despite being unreachable in most festivals, the Wizard has unique dialogue for every festival, some with backstory on the events."
                                  Does anyone know what or how to find his dialogue is for all the festivals?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

With editing tools. Someone used a tool that allowed them to go anywhere on the map, even places 'out of bounds', and was able to locate the Wizard and speak with him even when he wasn't present on the screen during several festivals. The results of these explorations is here on Imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/2txxo#fIo5RGE

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It wouldn't surprise me if ConcernedApe activates that missing dialog in 1.1, with changes to the environment that allow you the main character to get close. On the other hand, he might have thought that, in the end, the lack of dialog increased the Wizard's mysteriousness. In which case he may remain a remote figure who seldom speaks, and spends his time practicing creepy smirks before a mirror.

• spacecatherder

spacecatherder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The "Ferngill Republic" line is mentioned by the farmer on the TV who gives game tips. I think it's something like "It's a beautiful day in the Ferngill Republic..." but I can't recall when (day/season/year) he actually says it.

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Krobus' comment about the void eggs makes me wonder if they don't/didn't naturally occur where he's from.