Questions and theories about possible Stardew Lore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Relenanator, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

He's flaky she's spiteful?X3

Lilliput likes this.
    • Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Krobus is like the Dwarf with me. I can click him once or twice and he'll say some things but after that it goes to the shop screen. Unless it's Friday, of course.

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe both the wizard and the witch are both jerks and that's what drove them apart. Specially considering that the witch went on a permanent cursing spree after the break up.

My point is, it did not seem like a stable relationship to begin with.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
        • asiri

asiri Yeah, You!

1) How common knowledge do you think Magic and Monsters are in this world?
          Everyone knows about the monsters and magic, but only the wizard have an extended knowledge of magic and only you (and Abigail) can explore the mines, that is, only you and Abigail have seen monsters (in the lore, Marlon have encountered monsters too, but in the game he does not kill them).
          2) If I remember correctly, Stardew Valley and Zuzu City are in a Kingdom right? How do you suppose a modern country/city/whatever can coexists within a Monarchy system.
          No, It's not mentioned that Stardew Valley is in a kingdom, it is actually mentioned that they are in the Ferngill Republic, in war with the Gotoro Empire. Overall, I doubt that the Republic is a kingdom, maybe the Gotoro empire is but it's not mentioned in the game.
          3) Speaking of a Monarchy system - how much of a monarchy do you suppose this country has? (Some Monarchy's are more Democratized then others)
          If it is a republic it is not a monarchy. I can suppose that if the Gotoro Empire is a kingdom, it probably have a new monarchy system, due to the fact that Zuzu City have so much technology. So the Gotoro Empire CAN be a Monarchy and it may be a democratized monarchy, but there is no way to be sure.
          4) Who exactly is the country at war with? Are they other humans or are they monsters?
          The ferngill republic is certainly in war with a Empire, so it may be with humans, unless there are dwarfs or goblins like monsters in the other side.
          5) What are they fighting over? Land, resources, religion, what could it be? No idea, but it might be resources, as it's mentioned that Stadew Valley has it's name because of many meteors that crashed into the valley, witch it's part of why it is so easy to get quality vegetables at your farm.
          6) Why isn't there a school in Stardew Valley?
          Because... it's a valley? I don't know but it's certainly not lack of resources.
          7) Why can't I marry the Wizard :lod::oops:
          Because he is an immortal being with thousands of years old that get horny with CAROLINE? Just a thought.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Lol last post from 2016 xD
            1. I think that it's common knowledge, we can build a slime ranch, people are aware of monsters (and they post hunting quests on the city hall), if you don't have a slime ranch your spouse/fiance will suggest to you build one, heck the city even have a monster hunting guild, I guess that if we had monsters in real world not so many would bother with them, I don't see myself leaving my computer for hunting slimes as I never cared to have a job involving wild life;
            2. Well Europe have many countries with monarchy system and most are very wealth, it's a common misconception sold by the left party that only democracy is the best system and monarchy is corrupt;
            3. 4 and 5: I doubt that CA thought too far about the war and cities lore, kinda like Pokémon that had an not so long ago war but never is mentioned by anyone besides Surge, what we know are that shades and dwarves had an ancient war but nothing about the humans, personally I also don't give much thought about it as we have countries at war in this very moment in real life, so it's not unlikely.
            5. Doesn't make sense since rural areas have schools (usually not in the best conditions but they have), Penny isn't a proper teacher (she don't have a degree if I'm not mistake) and the bus seems to take a lot of time for reach the city, maybe in Stardew world only rich people are properly "literate" (the world is right? sorry I used the translator for that), regular people only know the basic alphabet for trading, or maybe the monsters makes town expansions really hard (but I don't think that it's the case, since the valley doesn't seems to have walls and nobody cares about security), illiteracy is very common on fantasy settings (edit: nevermind, they are literate because they post written requests and Haley even read magazines).

I was thinking and I don't believe that Carol cheats on Pierre, they could have found Aby on the forest or the Wizard secretly could had put Aby as a baby on their door since they are a rich family, it's more likely that she's adopted.