Questions: Multiplayer Marriages, Children, and Divorce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LucidFlux, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Very carefully.

• Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

My sister worked up until 5 days before she gave birth. And her job requires her to be on her feet the entire time walking around.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Props to her, damn.

• gtomanga

gtomanga Void-Bound Voyager

i want to ask is there a woo interaction system like in the sims and RF4 like kissing.hugging.holding hands etc?

• Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

As the topic can very well serve such, in regards to discussion about rivals suggestion and my take on the whole 'relationship/rivalry' (link added for details and suggestions themselves) I want to ask a few questions and touch upon a few subjects largely not really discussed.

Will more intimate relationships that don't require some sort of binding contract/marriage possible? Mainly asking about regular boyfriend-girlfriend relationships.

What's about same-sex relationships? I am quite sure it was confirmed that there will be such. While it's not a feature I will probably be partaking in, I find it quite interesting and would like to know how then controversional things such as issue of gay marriage will be taken care of.

Will all NPC have kind of 'goto marriage' traditional approach forced upon them by mechanics or will they actually have different outlooks at the matter of relationships? From sexuality-related stuff (aforementioned mono- and polygamous people, sexual preference) through the 'form' of relationship (romantics, down to earth people, maybe even 'gold diggers', just NPCs looking for different traits in their relationships) to things like 'what's after' (different NPCs having different ideas of what to do after deciding to live with someone - some willing to just let the farm grow and get lot of children, others hoping to travel or pursue other goals).

Will more serious themes beside varying sexuality be touched - however lightly - in the game? Things like cheating, fights between partners and so on?

Will the player character be able to affect the views/beliefs of the NPC, in case said NPCs will actually differ in their expectations/outlook? I mean, for example, being able to convince partner who is not fond of marriage to marry PC.

As mentioned in the linked post, I do suspect that there would be quite some work necessary - even more in dialogues than mechanics - to make all such things necessary, but I do hope to see such degree of interaction with NPCs as one of the most disappointing aspect of HM/RF was how linear and simple they were and how little they let players to express themselves and their beliefs.

• gtomanga

Dev Update #12 is out and only 5 girls/males was showen and since im going to play as a hetro guy i have to say these girls isnt interesting they seem like somthing out of HM snes thats just there to force you to pick between them for the same age purposes
              i wish i can marry/date anybody in the game(widowed/girls or guys mothers etc) i hated how in the HM/RF they limits you to the loli/looking like a 10 years old girls T_T .

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
              • Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Fool! Lolis are the future of romance as we know it!

Just me? Anyone?

M C likes this.
                • Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Well, the girls of SV don't seem to be much lolis to me. In fact, knowing how their character portraits looks like (or looked like, from earlier news posts), I'd put them in a range of something between 'older teens' and 'in their twenties'. I do see though - and it is in one of the news' comments - that they were build around certain types of 'love interests' in games. I hope their dialogues will be developed, possibly there will be the way of changing their approach and style a bit, so one won't feel like they're just another forced reincarnation of some archetype.

Still, that's rather bad-case scenario and possibly already avoided. I cannot say I am disappointed in characters, after all - I just hope there will be more (mix and match of different, already existing in the game stereotypes? Bookworm tomboy? Good-natured, kind princess-beauty? Calm, but very competent and self-assured artist? Or something more original/non-characteristic at first?) and what is in will turn out to be more than what it seems to be at first.

• gtomanga

in the most sim dating VN /upcoming HM games maybe but not likely
                    and i dont like the fact that im forced to go out with stariotypes like what they did in hometown story/HMANB(wich has a poring characters) and the new HM coming in 2014 looks like it will follow the same formula >_<

• FAOK

FAOK Yeah, You!

On the subject of Same Sex partners an ways to obtain children, Is there any options of maybe having artificial insemination or perhaps another player being a surrogate?

• Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Well I've never played any HMs except for friends of mineral town, I mainly stick to Rune Factory.

• gtomanga

then you should play animal parade for the wii its the 3ed best one
                          in the series

• pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is actually a really good idea. The doctor could help out if you want to go the artificial insemination route. If your character is male, married to a male, you choose one of your female friends to be the surrogate. If your character is female, married to a female, you choose a male friend to be the sperm donor. The surrogate or sperm donor become sort of an extension of your family, come over to visit you and your family, play with the child, etc... It could really be awesome.

• gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Although this seams like a well thought out idea and adds to the experience,
                              i think like the developer would be touching on a too small group with too much details for it to even sound interesting too some people if he added all the mentioned features.

I feel like a more viable option for gay couples in this game would be to maybe adopt a baby at the local church or maybe it is a randomly generated quest in which you would find a baby in the forest and decide if you want to keep it or send it to the church to live like an orphan. Not saying your ideas are dumb by any means but i think there are simpler ways to do these things in these sorts of games without making the game lacking out in a particular part for any sort of player

• Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

lol - this topic.
                                Only question left: will there be love triangles?