Quick way to make Starbound an 'eternal' game.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alehu, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Alehu

Alehu Space Hobo

I don't know if anyone's playing this anymore, but I've been spending quite a bit of time playing around with Starbound. Despite its flaws, I'm really enjoying the game, enough to overcome my social anxiety and post here with a quick addition that would make it perfect, provide infinite replayability and soft PvP

A foundry.

For those who don't know, the idea is a hub or area where players can create and share levels and challenges with others. It sounds daunting but Players can already create levels in Starbound, the tools are all there, and there's an workable "queue" for this via the discovered mission maps. My idea is that post-mission, these maps could also lead to other players created levels and worlds. (stored on the Steam Workshop so it wouldn't cost server space) It'd add exploration, a persistent challenge, and allow players to share designs with one another in a completely different way, and as far as I know, all it needs is a way to snapshot areas and export them to the Steam Workshop. Little work, enormous payoff.

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Sounds like a heavily modded server to me, tons of levels prolly be like tons of portals to some instances where players can hang out or something, missions prolly from quest mods soo I guess it's an All-in-One server...