Rabbit Breeding

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cremedelacutie, Dec 8, 2019.

1. cremedelacutie

cremedelacutie Void-Bound Voyager

Rabbits are the only animal not able to reproduce in game, and I think that it would be really nice to see this implemented.

Whether it's simply a one-to-one ratio with chances similar to with barn animals, or more in-depth.

Maybe having, not an incubator, but a nest box for a rabbit - and if "pregnancy" is enabled for the rabbit, and the nest box is empty, the rabbit can give birth, and the kit stays in the nest box for an amount of time (like eggs in an incubator) before becoming a baby bunny.

Maybe it's more: place rabbit in empty nest box, have baby rabbit at the end of [x] days? In that case, the rabbit would be out-of-action for the amount of time required.

I would like to make rabbits a bit more relevant to some players who just view them as a "novelty" animal simply because they can't reproduce. I find them adorable and want others to find joy in their cute little snuffling noises.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well would make sense to make rabbits reproduce (specially rabbits!!) I don't see a problem with this since they aren't game breaking or anything.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Is it weird that I want to see rabbits come in different fur colors and be able to breed them for color as you do with slimes? I mean, they're already magical, they make rabbit's feet without losing any limbs, so, why not let them come in a bunch of rainbow hues?

• Scritchowl

Scritchowl Big Damn Hero

Maybe add a pet collor item so that you eldest child can have a pet? Like you can put it on a rabbit and it uses the crib to sleep in at night once you have pink and blue pajama kids