1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Race Gameplay Variation 0.3.2

Adds new mechanics based on the player's chosen race!

1. IncredibleMeh

IncredibleMeh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks a bunch, I'll take a look at it and see if it solves my issue.

Edit: It appears everything is working as it did before. Honestly I'm not sure what went wrong, when I has attempted to fix the issues with blocking effects I noticed that the damage effects and food buffs I'd added in to allow me to alter things per race weren't taking effect. I'm glad it's all fine now though, I guess it's just one of the qwerks of modding and programming in general that things break for mysterious reasons.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. Achanta

Achanta Aquatic Astronaut

Good thinking, but it seems that the Balance may become a problem. I mean every race should be as powerful as each other.

3. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

Well, report them for god's sake, don't just give vague hints of their possible existence.
    Author, is it stable now? No bug reports when I look at the page.

Can you release an additional module for Avali? They seem to be the most complete/popular race addon, and a couple of the big modpacks support them. If is a lot of trouble, same bonus as Apex would probably be fine.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I can't speak to stability, but I have been working on isolating and ironing out minor bugs that cause minor errors in the log file. I have found most of them, but a few have eluded me.

@IncredibleMeh, can I upload my version of your mod (with the fixes) here?

5. Great

Great Space Hobo

It's possible to make armor be different again+give passive?Give race more base health/energy?

Also,the nano bandage should work at full effect on everyone except nova kid,maybe make a energy bandage?

6. DukeScrewface

Is it safe to add this mod to an existing universe? To remove it from one?

7. Mackinz

It has no effect on universes, but characters loaded with the mod enabled become dependent on the mod so you can't just uninstall the mod and expect to keep playing the same character.

DukeScrewface likes this.
  8. DukeScrewface

Awesome, so I can add it to my universe!

ed ack ignore the rest of that it belonged in another pst

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  9. IncredibleMeh

By all means go right ahead. I have to say, I'm extremely appreciative with the efforts people have made to help this mod become more stable. With as little actual experience I have in modding, I could honestly never have gotten this far without the assistance of everyone who's pitched in so far.

(Happy new year to everyone here by the way. I've been a bit absent since I've had to take time to spend with the family for the holidays, but I'll be back on track very shortly.)

DukeScrewface likes this.
  10. Mackinz

Alright!

Here's a download link with a zip file containing both unpacked and packed assets for the mod with no errors that pop up in the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-d_0WxqHTFMEJtc3QwcC1JNDg/view?usp=sharing

Don't get me wrong. The edits I made were not huge mistakes. Mostly, it was minor patching problems like using "replace" instead of "add" where appropriate. They're fixed now, though.

IncredibleMeh and DukeScrewface like this.
  11. Spodi

Spodi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Didn't my changes to his github version already fix these erros?
    Still: thanks for sharing :nuruhappy:

12. Mackinz

I think your changes addressed a number of the issues where a patch tried to add to a non-existent array, but you missed one and there were still patch typos that were causing errors in the log.

13. Spodi

Spodi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did a qick compare and saw that i have missed some "replace" operations wich should have been "add" instead, thanks for fixing that.
    You too made a little "mistake" there: there isn't a "wellfed" blocking effect in the vanilla game on some food anymore, like eggs for example. You could still eat them while fed. With your fix this isn't possible anymore. Don't know if this was an error in vanilla or intentional.

14. Mackinz

For the most part, consumables that apply the wellfed effect also have the corresponding blocking effect value. Some malformed consumables do not, applying the wellfed effect without the corresponding blocking effect. I made changes to fix those oversights, since this mod adds new blockingEffect arrays anyway.

It's a vanilla oversight.

15. IncredibleMeh

16. Justincase

Justincase Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hylotls should have a significant speed boost underwater.

17. DrayGon777

DrayGon777 Void-Bound Voyager

If I add this to my server, does everyone on it also have to add this file? Didn't quite see this answered, yet. Don't want to add it till I know it's not going to cause problems for others to join.

18. Mackinz

Most likely yes, otherwise the players version of the game would cause crashing and inaccessible characters due to unknown status effects.

19. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, I've been looking into the possibility of adding similar passive abilities to what's featured here to the races in my mod, and I've also noticed that your permissions are set to allow people to use what you've created here: I've never used .modpak files, though, so how do I decompile it so that I can examine your code? (a cursory wiki search turned up nothing)

20. Mackinz

Here you go.

Wall of Knowledge likes this.