1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Race Gameplay Variation 0.3.2

Adds new mechanics based on the player's chosen race!

1. Kunyomi

Kunyomi Void-Bound Voyager

Question: In one of the Hylotl lorebooks (http://starbounder.org/The_Evolution_of_the_Hylotl) is written "It is still a necessity for Hylotl to breathe air, but our increased lung capacities allow for prolonged sessions of deep-sea activity"

Is the Hylotl water breathing thing an oversight or just a choice of gameplay over lore?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This mod was made before Chucklefish decided to implement that lore, and has not been updated to reflect that.

3. jasonwolf

jasonwolf Void-Bound Voyager

just my dumb thought, but as a being of plasma why can't I, a novakid, consume objects to use as chemical fuel? Everything burns.

But otherwise I just don't see the point to the novakid changes. You've basically given nothing and only taken away from them. There are only 2 useful kids of backpacks a light and EPPs novakids need neither in this mod. Both of those are super easy to get basic items. It's like giving a novakid a built in pistol when they are unarmed that is equal to the iron revolver. yeah its more than nothing, but 3 iron and 5 timber later and I have the same thing. little longer and I've got better than it.

I just don't really see the point of this mod, for novakids, when it just removes gameplay options from them and doesn't provide meaningful alternatives.

As for my Hylotl this seems handy and fun, albeit again there aren't enough other backpacks to make not needing the EPP very worthwhile.

jonathonspy likes this.
  4. BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

Personally, I think floran should be extra weak to fire given their lore.

Variant likes this.
  5. Variant

Variant Intergalactic Tourist

You should think about having the Hyloti also have faster movement underwater, since movement is severely diminished. It'd be more useful than the "breathing underwater" thing. That one feels redundant and would only be useful early game, or maybe even not at all since you will go to a moon long before you ever go to an ocean planet. Movement seems like a more optimal advantage, maybe giving them a boost not unlike the swimming module.

6. Blankeface345

Blankeface345 Intergalactic Tourist

I was playing around with this mod and nothing works I took all other mods off and this mod would still not work I have no idea what to do.

7. danted85

danted85 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is using the old .modpak and states that it is compatible for Glad Giraffe version. My guess is that it needs updating to starbound 1.0 as from my starbound.log the file is being completely ignored.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. GTG3000

GTG3000 Big Damn Hero

Omg, this is great. I wanted to implement something like this in my racemod, do you mind if I take a peek how you made it work, @IncredibleMeh ?

9. Luna Celestica

Luna Celestica Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glitch being immune to radiation makes no sense. Computer components are generally susceptible to radiation damage, NASA has had to develop a method of radiation hardening the computer components that go on satellites and spacecrafts because traditional components aren't capable of dealing with the effects of radiation in space, and even then the hardened components aren't immune to radiation. Realistically the Glitch would crumble into bits after a very brief period in a high radiation environment.

10. Oviolioxinfree

Oviolioxinfree Big Damn Hero

hate to necropost, but... im having trouble installing the mod. i unziped it, put it in my mods folder, and it isnt working. i mean its not showing up in the little gear thing in the bottom right of the main menu.

11. Cybopper

Cybopper Void-Bound Voyager

Look on the article before you post. Someone answered that question. Check Dante's post, a couple lines up.

12. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if i actually wanted my races to b different, i would install this right away (but i dont. even with that, its an awesome mod). 1 problem: it says Novakids can't consume food. what will u do about hunger?

13. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

The frackin universe guy released a frackin races mod that is up to date and essentially replaces this.

14. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Frackin Races is great, using it myself. But I see a number of people have requested some kind of racial abilities that does not add new status effects (so it can be safely uninstalled)...