1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Racial Beamaxe Mod 3.0.1

Customized Racial Beamaxes for Starbound's core races and more.

1. Lexicon-Prime

Lexicon-Prime Pangalactic Porcupine

2. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Uninstalling this mod after you had saved your character will turn the Matter Manipulator into Perfectly Generic Item, any idea on how to turn it back?
    Also, the scan gesture is not correct as well, it should be the one with flashlight which can highlight the objects instead that of the magnifying glass gesture. This problem still exist after I uninstalled the mod.
    The best compromise I can get now is installing back the mod file while still having the original magnifying glass without the scanning feature that highlight objects, which is quite bad.

Edit : Just found out that there's a Reset button on the lower left on your original MM upgrade UI. The original MM came back but the scan is still a magnifying glass instead of the MM with flashlight and highlighting feature.

Edit 2 : Well, I just restart my character so I guess it doesn't matter now. It's mostly my fault for not backing up my saves but it'll be great if you can put a reminder on your mod page when you know this'll happen though...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  3. Skyligh

Skyligh Phantasmal Quasar

Hi!
    Are we allowed to make and upload our own skin packs?

I'm wanting to replace the skins for the other races with something less Protectorate themed and add some additional beamaxe skins to the UI, like a USCM skin.

I did some testing trying to add new skins. Including more than just the racial skins would require me to bundle the skin pack with a bmaxgui.config file so I can make more beamaxes selectable.
    During this testing, I've made a new UI so I can fit a bunch of skins on the screen:

[​IMG]

Here's an example of the kind of skin I want to make for the skin pack: An Avian Beamaxe, wrapped in cloth with one of those red crystals as the focus-thing.
    [​IMG]

4. Lexicon-Prime

I
    I'm ok with people submitting skins for future skinpacks and for a time I did consider the "huge" bmax interface like you have here but it gets cluttered real fast and difficult to anticipate how many skins will be made (and technically I have a larger bmax interface in my whobound mod) which brought me to the conclusion of making skinpacks (like my betapatch) and custom racial addons ( like my Star Trekkers Bmax patch) instead. Plus i'm somewhat fond of the vanilla bmax interface appearance, thus why I went with it's look for my mod. Doing the latter makes for more flexibility when considering a mass amount of options.

For instance, Racial Beamaxe (this mod) addresses simply vanilla resources (and was only made to make my other mods function *smirks*) while my Whobound and Trekkers Bmax add new interfaces unique to their theme that include currently up to 20 (give or take) additional beamaxe options (for all races).

So you can see why I'm against adjusting the resources placed into this mod.

5. Skyligh

Skyligh Phantasmal Quasar

OH! In that case, could this work if I made a second beamaxe panel for just my skins? That way, there would be no issues with me overwriting anything in the mod.

To be clear here, I want to make my own skinpack as a separate mod that requires Racial Beamaxe Mod to function. My mod would add a second beamaxe panel with it's own interface files. It would only include new files, so it won't overwrite anything you've made.

6. Senbei

Senbei Void-Bound Voyager

First off the mod itself is really cool no doubt, i really liked it:)
    But how to get back the normal orange skin? I tried to delete it but it is still the same.
    In the wire, paint and scanning mode i can change them back to normal, if i click on the orange skin but for the standard mode it has this weird skin which looks like the gravity gun from half life 2.

7. Lexicon-Prime

Perhaps remove the "beta patch" mod addon? I'll look into it later today and if there is an issue I'll have a fix posted by Monday at the latest.