Racial Post-Game Story

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Leotamer, Aug 4, 2016.

?

Which of the storylines do you like (Pick as many as apply)

1. Apex

33.3%
  2. Avian

44.4%
  3. Floran

55.6%
  4. Glitch

44.4%
  5. Human

66.7%
  6. Hyloti

33.3%
  7. Novakid

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Leotamer

Leotamer Void-Bound Voyager

(This is a suggestion for late game content, so spoilers for the story, and basically everything. I presume people reading have finished the main story)

With the protectorate story, every race has the same story instead of each race having their own story. Also, there is talk about racial passives, and in general how each race feels nearly identical, however the dev team wants you to pick races about what you like and not about mini-maxing. Not only that but the story as it is, is pretty laughable story

What I propose is after the main-story, you get another story-line of 3-5 missions based on your race. Each mission is instanced mission, and you unlock the first one right after you complete the main story and once you finish one instance, you immediately go to the next instance. No filler "scan the objects" mini-game. These are to be relatively long and challenging, and there to give you something to do in the late game.

Not only will doing these quests unlock lore codexes (Possibly make these codexs account-wide once you unlock them so your characters can have all the codexes.) but also unlock unique weapons and EPP augments and possibly a mount allowing each race some variety in the late game, without making them radically different to the point where you will have to worry about your race at character selection.

(I could end this here, but for fun, what I think these stories will be. Also, be warned, bad puns ahead)

Apex - "Going Bananas on the Miniknog"

I image this series of quest being very puzzle focused, obviously with combat spliced in. Instead of this mission being about destroying the miniknog (and making it so that most of the NPC Apex dialogue in the game doesn't make any sense), I image there is a smaller scope where you are trying to help a banana speak-easy stay in business by taking down a nearby Miniknog stronghold.

Avian - "The Bird not of the Feather"

This series of quest would be more so about platforming and avoiding hazards. The goal of the mission is to hunt down and kill a Avian heretic who has defaced an important object of Kluex, while avoiding the traps he has set for you.

Floran - "A Particularly Dangerous Game"

A floran invites you to a hunt through the wilderness, only in the end to find his prey is you.

Glitch - "Malfunctioning Malfunction"

The actual story involves you going through a series of Glitch dungeons in an attempt to free the prisoners. The lore importance of it is that you are going the Glitch Home world and trying to free the free-thinking Glitch.

Human - "Nothing ever goes wrong on Mars"

Well, Earth was destroyed, but hey, Mars is still kicking, and nothing has every gone wrong in mars in the scifi genre.

Hyloti - "The School of Fish"

Similiar to the Apex story line, I image this would also be fairly puzzle heavy, and probably going in and out of water. I only made the title because I liked the pun, but it could taken place in a flooded Hyloti school and your goal is to figure out why it was flooded.

Novakid - "Milky Way Robbery"

It all starts with a seemingly simple mission to stop some from robbing a space-train, and then it followed by a simple mission of you trying to hunt down a bandito and recover the stolen object. Not everything has to be to complex.