RELEASED Ragnarok Online Soundtrack Replacement

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Haend, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Amando and @Flother have you guys tried it? It caused the game to crash for me. Weird.

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

Just finished downloading, testing it right now.

Edit: @Haend , It doesn't seem to crash for me, I'd like to know how it crashed for you, maybe we can recreate the crash and see where it goes from there?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
      • Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Flother it actually crashed on me right when I press launch on Steam lol. It's alright, it could be my client messing up due to my totally noobish modding. What's important is the latest soundtrack replacement works. Do let me know if the soundtrack continue playing (should be 3 kinds of music when you just stand by idling on the farm) or if there's issues tho!

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

Can't help on that crash lol, The game did take a while before it finally decided to pop-up in my screen, that could have just been because it was loading all the additional information. I'm currently standing idle on the farm, the songs have continued playing since, which is good :mwahaha:

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Flother alright, thanks a lot for the testing buddy! I think I'm going to take a rest now. Prolly gonna do the last major update the day after tomorrow, replacing the night and festival soundtracks. Have a good one!

GSPU and Flother like this.
            • Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

After listening to all the songs via jukebox, I remembered an old game that I liked..."To the moon". I need to learn how to replace music in SA, definitely want one of the songs in to the moon applied to SA :mwahaha:

(Edit: Also I'm seeing a lot of "Stardew Valley Overture" soundtrack when going through the jukebox.)

• masalone01

masalone01 Seal Broken

now cant start game.
                new patch is bug :nuruconfused:

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@masalone01 The download link has been reverted to Version 1. Please use that for now or use your backup if you want to continue playing. Working on a fix.

@Flother Indeed, I don't understand why Stardew Valley Overture is being replicated that much in the jukebox. Have you tried playing all of the Overture? Just wondering if my replacement replaced all of it. Overture should be the main menu theme.

• GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Oof, just as I was gonna test it out too. Maybe I'll try it out anyways, and I do have the very FIRST (working, haha) version backed up on mine.

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

Version 2 is now fixed and ready for download. Enjoy!

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

@Haend , I've tried playing all of it (SA Overture) and it seems to play the same song. Strange is everyone else not able to start their game?

Edit:Oohh my first ever error log. Although nothing major, just for some time, after leaving the game paused and idle for about an hour while I was having my summer series marathon it suddenly stopped playing any soundtracks, even after sleeping for the next day and walking around everywhere, nothing played.

Edit2: Okay it just doesn't want to play anymore, gonna download the updated version 2 Dx.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
                        • Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

That's.. weird. I never encounter that kind of bug. But yeah if you're idling in one area for a long time it will stop playing music. Shouldn't be happening after you sleep tho.

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I'm about to use the updated one, hoping to not see any more bugs xD.

• The Ash Meister

The Ash Meister Void-Bound Voyager

I need help, I am pretty sure I did everything right however my game keeps crashing it can't find the file or whatever. I'll attached a picture to show you.
                              [​IMG]

• teenychicka

teenychicka Void-Bound Voyager

Mine won't load the game and comes up with the error "Your game seems to have crashed! We've generated a crash log for you in (file location)."

Does this mod not play well with Storm?

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@The Ash Meister and @teenychicka I honestly never tried this with STORM or SMAPI at all since I'm not modding my games outside of texture and music replacements. But since you two seems to be having the same problem and are using mod tools, I'll have to assume it won't play nice with this replacement. Very sorry, but there's pretty much nothing that I can do atm :(

• Sarikitty

Sarikitty Big Damn Hero

It sounds like it's related to the size of the file? Using SMAPI, it won't load with this replacement, citing this error:

[17:55:40] Game failed to start: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
                                    at new[](UInt32 )
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.AllocateArrayAndReadFile(String filename, Void** ppData, UInt32* pdwBufferSize)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaveBank.CreateHandle(UInt32 hEngine, String string, Int32 length, IntPtr& pCleanup)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)

at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Initialize()
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame()
                                    [5:55:41 PM] Critical error: System.ComponentModel.InvalidAsynchronousStateException: An error occurred invoking the method. The destination thread no longer exists.
                                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WaitForWaitHandle(WaitHandle waitHandle)
                                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
                                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
                                    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.StardewInvoke(Action a)
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.ConfigureSDV()
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args)
                                    [5:55:41 PM] The API will now terminate. Press any key to continue...

Another replacer, the Undertale music one, works fine - so I'm not sure why this one doesn't. I hope something changes somewhere along the way that makes this work - RO was a -huge- part of my formative years and I met my husband 12 years ago through an RO server, so we're very very enthralled to see this replacer.

• Synchrome

Synchrome Aquatic Astronaut

I guess got no choice but revert back my music :cry::cry::cry: and was happy with the ragnarok style theme for just one day :cry::cry::cry:

• GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

The version around 3/19/2016 was fine on storm/SMAPI (Unsure on second), so maybe use that one for now?

Sarikitty likes this.
                                        • The Ash Meister

The Ash Meister Void-Bound Voyager

That's okay. I actually did try it without using SMAPI and my game just wouldn't open either. @GSPU I'll try the 3-19 version thanks!

Sarikitty likes this.