1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Random Black Square on screen.

Discussion in 'Support' started by dtrix3281, Mar 10, 2016.

1. dtrix3281

dtrix3281 Intergalactic Tourist

Hello guys! First of all, I am not used to Forums such as these. Basically I am new to this. I started playing these game 3 days ago, and totally hooked to it. Even played it during my monthly examination. All that aside, I have recently discovered something after the recent update (1.05)

I was fishing during Winter (I don't think its only during winter) and I realised a faded black square appeared on the top left of the screen. Here are a few screenshots of it.

It appeared while I was fishing a few times. When I sleep, it disappears. It won't disappear if you enter another location (house, shops, etc)

I would assume that it happened after the "Zoom" feature is added, but I am not entirely correct.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• dtrix3281

Apparently, this did not only happen while fishing, but also happened when I was plowing the beach to get Snow Yams and Winter Root to earn some money..

I am not entirely sure how this appears as I wasn't paying much attention because I was watching some YouTube vids.. Gonna investigate this further though.. Anyone who has encountered this, please post it here too.

• thekaz91

thekaz91 Space Hobo

Pretty sure i have exactly the same issue. I've just purchased the game today, and it happened straight from day one. Faded black square appears in the top left of the screen and gradually gets darker as the day progresses.
        Once I sleep it disappears, then starts again midway through the next day.

• dtrix3281

I guess it gets darker due to the lighting of the game? Like it gets darker when it slowly transitions to night time?

• thekaz91

thekaz91 Space Hobo

Having played a little more. It only seems to happen after fishing. The black screen gradually gets darker after fishing hmmm.

• nukagrenade

nukagrenade Void-Bound Voyager

I get this bug whenever I enter dark spaces, or as day turns to night. I had my Lighting Quality on High, and turning it down to Medium fixed the problem.

• thekaz91

thekaz91 Space Hobo

Thanks very much :)

• dtrix3281

GUYS! I FOUND SOMETHING! It happens when it transitions to night time. I also found a temporary fix. You know the new feature where you can Zoom in/out?
                  Just Zoom out and back in, and the black square will disappear.

• TrenteR

TrenteR Intergalactic Tourist

That random Square is the Lighting Effect of the game. It actually lays on top of the game to make caves and nights and houses darker. Apparently because of the new zoom feature, it missalignes with the screen at the start.