1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Random game crash when using mines elevator

Discussion in 'Support' started by One More Day, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Playing the beta, single player game, via steam, no mods

I was going down through the gold floors for ore, started at level 80, mined down to 85, then elevator to 100, mined down to 105, elevator to 110, mined down to 115, elevator back to 80 and ........ black screen, level 80 never appeared, game crashed out to desktop

No particularly obvious reason why, super annoying after a long day and getting lots of good stuff, although it wasn't even near 2am, think it was about 11.30pm

Error log attached

Attached Files:

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

This happens since 1.3.13 with "(Fixed) Added separate chests in the mines for each player", if you visit the same chest level twice in a session.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Bleh. That's so lame.

Why add separate chests for each player? Should be one chest and that's it. It's supposed to be a cooperative effort, farm as a team and all that

So just cooperate, and give the weapon, boots, whatever to whoever is going mining that day. Leave them in a chest at the mine entrance, so they're always available to whoever is going mining.

Or if you're actually mining as a team then one person does the fighting, and gets to wear the best boots and wield the best sword while defending teammates who are bashing rocks.

Why "fix" something that wasn't broken, and in the process you actually break it for real, just because some idiots don't understand the word cooperative?

Terrible idea, hope the devs change it back to the way it should be asap

• Code_Monkey

Code_Monkey Void-Bound Voyager

The main reason to fix this is because of the Stardrop on Level 100 which only one person could get. For everything else most people really don't care because everything can be shared as you mentioned. But you can't share the energy you get from lvl 100 and that's why I don't think this is going to get "un-fixed".