1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Random headcanon time~

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MirageTheShadow, Oct 3, 2021.

1. MirageTheShadow

MirageTheShadow Orbital Explorer

So, quick thing. I watch too many movie-musicals and whatnot, and came up with the potentially stupid idea to have a Glitch village but music hivemind. Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

What do you mean by music hivemind?

MirageTheShadow likes this.
  3. MirageTheShadow

MirageTheShadow Orbital Explorer

@Pangaea Basically the way scenes in musicals are choreographed but an entire society functioning like that. It would be like always having a song stuck in your head, but that also affects your actions. A definite dystopia, but when isn't Starbound one lol~
    (This was probably not the best way to describe it but it's the closest thing I can put in words)

4. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

sounds... interesting, it's worth noting that the Glitch don't operate as a hivemind though, not anymore at least. Still doesn't prevent some scenario in which a whole village could be slaved to some central system and forced to live out a musical, maybe some deranged Miniknog experiment or an individual and independent mad scientist's scheme

as for SB being a dystopia... not all the time, I'd only say the Miniknog are truly dystopic in SB, everything else is some other flavor of darkness or something lighthearted to help balance things out