Realistic Cooking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mwight, Oct 16, 2021.

1. mwight

mwight Big Damn Hero

One thing in particular that bugs me about the game is the cooking system. All the other item crafting in the game takes a set amount of time to create the items, but when it comes to making the food, it's instant. There is no time involved in making food and there should be. I would attempt to do this myself if I had any knowledge or experience with modding, but I don't. I don't even know where to begin really. So if any of the experienced modders out there who might be willing to create a mod to do this it would be awesome :)

• DarkSwordsman

DarkSwordsman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you referring to processing and not crafting? All crafting recipes are instant.

• mwight

mwight Big Damn Hero

Yes. I forgot about the fact that CA uses the word crafting in reference to building the machines to make stuff. But yes, the creation of food should not be instant. I know it could be done with a completely seperate stove or other cooking devices, but that just means even more machines/devices to add into the game (which I really would rather not do) or the vanilla foods could be added to one of the other many machines/devices that have already been made. That is a possibility and I don't think it's been done. It just means that the stove in the kitchen becomes completely useless and irrelevant, which is not the purpose of the suggestion. I think it is odd to have 2 stoves in the kitchen.